Headstrong Verbovibe [UPDATE #2... Last Time... Promise]

• Hey, Guys. After a couple of hiccups last night (still not sure the cause), I was able to get my first profile completed, and I continue to be amazed by this thing.

I have a Headstrong Verbovibe, which is like the old brownface Fender Vibroverb 2x10 amp. Incredible amp, and I was really a little worried that I might be let down with the profiling of my own amp. :/ Not a chance! Somehow this little toaster oven has shrunken my Headstrong into a tiny 6 kb file. I think this profile is very faithful to the amp IMHO and -- in some ways -- I think it's even better. Unfortunately, it can't quite cop the trem on the amp (maybe 90% of the way there), but the trem in the Kemper is still awesome, and I really don't miss it at all when I'm playing the profile. But I seriously think the profile might be like 102% of the amp's quality. Just incredible.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. It's on Rig Exchange as "Headstrength Verbyvibe." Give it a :thumbup: if you dig it.

• Just wanted to provide a quick UPDATE to this thread... I've updated the VerboVibe Clean profile and added three additional profiles (each with more volume/gain on the amp) to the Rig Exchange. By way of explanation, the three numbers at the end of the name are the settings for the Volume-Treble-Bass.

These profiles should work pretty well with both single coils and hum buckers, although you might want to dial up the definition a number or two w/ humbuckers.

The profiles are renamed with the prefix "HS VerbyVibe..."

(On a side note... Man, it sounds like the world is ending on the last phase of profiling! I can't even imagine what they guys with big Marshall stacks must be experiencing when they're making a profile of the amp cranked!)

Anyway... I hope someone enjoys these. It's a lot of fun making them.

• Okay... last update on this thread, I promise... I had been trying to get things profiled with a mix of mics, but let's just say that RME TotalMixFX is not exactly the most intuitive softmixer, at least to my pea brain. After watching the TotalMixFX tutorials on YouTube -- who'd have guessed... :rolleyes: -- I was able to get an M88 mixed in with the M160. That gave these profiles a little more edge and pop.

So, I deleted the old versions from Rig Exchange, and I added the 3 new ones I did (clean, mid, and cranked). I'm really pleased with them; hope you guys enjoy. On to the ol' Suhr Badger 30 next...

• Hey man, why didn't you leave the older ones up there? I mean, many folks might've preferred a single mic anyway. I for one have a preference for this as it eliminates the possibility of phase misalignment between two or more mic's.

If you've still got 'em, I'd encourage you to leave / re-up them, mate. As long as the relevant metadata fields are filled out correctly, I can see no problem with dong so - only benefits.

All that said, thank you for your efforts, Blackwidow! :thumbup:

• Hey man, why didn't you leave the older ones up there? I mean, many folks might've preferred a single mic anyway. I for one have a preference for this as it eliminates the possibility of phase misalignment between two or more mic's.

If you've still got 'em, I'd encourage you to leave / re-up them, mate. As long as the relevant metadata fields are filled out correctly, I can see no problem with dong so - only benefits.

All that said, thank you for your efforts, Blackwidow! :thumbup:

Fair point there. In fact it gives me another idea. I think what I may do is also add a few with just the dynamic. That way -- if somebody records a DI along with the processed signal -- s/he could reamp and blend the two for themselves if they like. Or go straight ribbon or straight dynamic.

• For anyone who's interested, I've updated the rigs so that there are profiles of the VerboVibe with the following mics: ribbon (Beyer M160), dynamic (Beyer M88), and mix (M160+M88).

Volume-Treb-Bass settings are indicated by the numbers in the title: 2-7-4 (clean), 6-7-4 (mid), and 9-7-4 (crank).

I also included an older M160-only file (Cln+ 474) that I'd done before I could figure out how to manage the mic mixing in TotalMixFX.

I also tried my first one with a pedal in front: RambleFX Twin Bender on MkII/Fat setting with the amp on 4-7-4 (M160/M88). The Profiler gave a warning that it had detected a noise gate (?) and that I might retry it again after I checked my settings, but it sounds interesting enough as is. I didn't have a noise gate anywhere in line, so I'm not sure what that was about. Fuzz pedals can be noisy though, so maybe that's what was causing it... ?(

The idea here was as described in my post above. You have independent dynamic and ribbon mic profiles if you want to try to create your own blend through a reamping process. (At least I think that would work if you recorded a dry DI signal along with one of the two mic profiles...)

In case anyone's interested, the mics were running through the Warm Audio WA12 preamps w/ the pad and tone buttons depressed.