I want to have fun ...

• Hi folks

I am now playing with the KPA for about 4 years and used mainly studio monitors and PA FRFR actives speakers. Recently I bought a Roland Blues Cube Artist and I was flashed by the natural and musical response and tone I can achieve with this amp. For the range of sounds it is designed for it is on par with the KPA and with real tube amps ... and I can compare in my room with the real deal. When I played more with this I decided that the KPA deserves a nice Celestion based cabinet and power amp (used the Harley Benton RP4000 or so). As I also use the Digitech TRIO+ I switch now between the both systems, Roland and KPA, with the full "amp in room feel" and the Roland for the rhythms tracks mainly. For me it is so much satisfying compared to the FRFR I used before and I do not care if the sound is 100% as it was profiled with speaker. For me the sound as such is more important and the duo of Roland and KPA with guitar speaker is highly inspiring. When I switched back to FRFR (just to compare) it sounded so wrong to me. Yes -- I am aware that the full profiles contain speaker and microphone etc.... I do not care. I want to have the most fun in my guitar room and the solution I have with direct power amp and real guitar speaker does it for me ...

Sorry I had to say this

Cheers
    sacapuntas

• Hi diego,

Nothing wrong with your opinion. I too prefer the "real cab" over an FRFR. I don't have a problem with FRFR. There is a place for it.
    You go through the trouble of making a profile, or tweaking one, and the FRFR is a more faithful reproduction.

But slap a power amp and guitar cabinet on there and it just feels "right" (turning CAB off) even if not exactly original to the profile.

I'm with you, brother!

But when I record, I got SPDIF and it's 100% original profile. I've gotten used to both.

In the end, it's "grab a tone, make it satisfying, PLAY!" and it's ALL good, yes? Yes! There is no right/wrong or "forum accepted answer". Just user preference.

(Oh, Monkey_Man, you're supposed to "Like" this post. IDK, why. I think it's just expected by the Universe. Or else Xenon 3 gets sucked up by Blorb Black Hole. Chaos Theory or sum-thing...)