the wahwah is incredible

• Oh good, a wah discussion. Here's a chance to post my first stupid question:

I set up my expression pedal and confirmed that it was working properly by checking the numerical readout (1-~16000) on the KPA. Then I set the pedal up to control the wah-wah. Curiously, it seemed to be working (the filter was changing), but as I went from heel to toe the volume would cut out, as if the pedal were also set up as an inverse volume, or crossfade pedal. I couldn't find any setting in the KPA to explain the behavior, so I couldn't correct it. Does anyone have any clue as to what I've got wrong? Probably a default setting I need to disable?

try s to set up the heel and toe position in the opposite way in my midi was the same problem. Try to change the value for the lowest and highest point. Maybe that change the problem it helped me.

• I had the same problem, my wah padel also reduced the volume. A workaround is to search a rig or a wah preset where the wah is working correct and copy this wah-effect into your rig.

• Same problem here...

Any thoughts?

Axel

• I believe your midi board have #CC1 and #CC7 both assigned to the same exp.pedal. If it is the case eliminate the #CC7

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I believe your midi board have #CC1 and #CC7 both assigned to the same exp.pedal. If it is the case eliminate the #CC7

I´ve checked that and is not the case...
    Beats me...

For the record, I´m using an old BOSS GT-5 as a footswitch (with its Expression Pedal assigned at #CC7) and a BOSS FV-500L Expression Pedal hooked on the KPA as a Foot Volume.

Axel

• #CC7 is volume, you need to assign it to #CC1 to operate the Wah. In the moment you have both pedals assigned to volume....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• #CC7 is volume, you need to assign it to #CC1 to operate the Wah. In the moment you have both pedals assigned to volume....

Yes, I meant #CC1... Sorry. I´ve tried switching places with the FV-500L (using it as wah pedal and the GT-5 Expression as volume) but I still got the same result: volume pedal works great and wah pedal works but mutes the sound when on toe position... :S

• Try unplugging the volume pedal and look if the Wah works..... :huh:

I think the "problem" (or my problem) was the "Range" parameter. On a high setting (Max for instance) the sound goes far beyond an audible frequency... on a lower setting there is no muting at all.

Ice cream cone for my forehead please...

Thanks anyway guitarnet70!

• I think the "problem" (or my problem) was the "Range" parameter. On a high setting (Max for instance) the sound goes far beyond an audible frequency... on a lower setting there is no muting at all.

Ice cream cone for my forehead please...

Thanks anyway guitarnet70!

That's pretty much it. Sorry for chiming in late, i've encountered the same deal with an analog expression pedal.
    There's a certain 'range' value at which the KPA cuts your volume before 'bypassing' the expression pedal on the heel or toe positions.
    Luckily, these 'range' values are rather large.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."