add a few options to turn the looper from good to amazing

• Hi!

I´m a new, pretty impressed KPA user.

It would be great, if the following options could be added to the Looper:

- a dedicated system page with access to all parameters and functions; better would be to add the looper to the stomps/effects.
    - looper volume should be a assignable to a pedal
    - overdub/feedback control to create loops that evolve over time (assignable to pedal or switch)
    - feedback should be applied during overdub and on choice also during playback.
    - option to choose between overdub or playback on the second press of a new loop (without keeping the play button pressed).
    - different options to stop the loop (immediate stop or fade-out; maybe triggered by keeping the stop pressed)
    - high- and lowcut; grit

actually, now that write this i realize that almost all the options are already included in the delay ;)

• At the moment i find the looper being absolutely useless.

Well, for live performance I agree. (Even , I have heard from some user here, that they use it for live)

To check Rigs via RM, to tweak a Rig and/or just make a short record because of a riff-idea it is a nice gimmick

• I like those ideas as well....quantization, setting rig tempo, separate layers :)

I´d imagine that the improvements i mentioned could be easier to implement though. I think quantization requires changes on another level.
    i would use a looper like this for evolving sound-layers and atmospheric stuff. the changes would not be of great use if you are using the looper for practicing, setting up rigs or one-man-bands.

• All the above would be great. I do use the looper live for some songs. It can work well but it is really difficult to get timing right. (That's looping though I suppose)
    The biggest issue for me, is playing over loops that require the loop to be recorded using one sound, and the solo requiring a different one. Eg 'Let's Dance'. The tap dancing between rigs as well as switching into, out of and then back into looper mode, make doing this kind of playing very difficult to achieve smoothly and without error.
    I've previously asked for there to be a way of the looper mode being activated as an option at rig change. By adding a 'Looper active' soft button in an appropriate part of the rig menu would allow the looper to activate on the rig change button press, opening up the looper controls as the rig loads and simultaneously starting the first recording or (as a further option) simply enabling the loop mode (record and stop) to remain open all the time via a dual foot switch. This, plus quantising would really improve the looper as a live tool. Switching in and out of looper mode to use the looper really increases the number of switches required to achieve the desired result.
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

• All the above would be great. I do use the looper live for some songs. It can work well but it is really difficult to get timing right. (That's looping though I suppose)
    The biggest issue for me, is playing over loops that require the loop to be recorded using one sound, and the solo requiring a different one. Eg 'Let's Dance'. The tap dancing between rigs as well as switching into, out of and then back into looper mode, make doing this kind of playing very difficult to achieve smoothly and without error.
    I've previously asked for there to be a way of the looper mode being activated as an option at rig change. By adding a 'Looper active' soft button in an appropriate part of the rig menu would allow the looper to activate on the rig change button press, opening up the looper controls as the rig loads and simultaneously starting the first recording or (as a further option) simply enabling the loop mode (record and stop) to remain open all the time via a dual foot switch. This, plus quantising would really improve the looper as a live tool. Switching in and out of looper mode to use the looper really increases the number of switches required to achieve the desired result.
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

I'd have to say this is more of a "problem" with the Remote than the Kemper looper. For example, with my floorboard, I can get the Kemper to switch rigs and simultaneously start recording a loop. I could then switch to another profile for soloing while also getting the loop to terminate and playback. And then, when it comes to ending the solo and jumping back to the rhythm, hit another button to stop and erase the loop and jump back to the normal rhythm.

I understand that the Remote is easier to programme than other solutions and is pretty much plug and play. But for more advanced functionality, I just wish that there were more capabilities under the hood. For example, if I want to send midi commands to other outboard gear, at present I have to send a message to the Kemper to jump to another profile in performance mode, which will then transmit a maximum of two commands. Wouldn't it be simpler if I could just hit a button on the Remote to relay any CC or combination of CCs I'd like to other devices?

I probably have too much to control in my own setup and other users probably don't need so much functionality though. After all, the Kemper is pretty much an all-in-one solution. But it would be great if the Remote had more capabilities under the hood.

• I agree with you Nightlight. It is clearly the remote that makes the process more complex than it needs to be. Perhaps there is still some development potential in the remote's functionality. I for one would love to see this.
    Kind regards
    Pre-Amp :)