KPA Recovery

• Thanks Armin. When I fired up the KPA this morning I knew something was wrong. I tried to do a profile and the sound of the reference amp was covered in reverb. No reverb on the amp, no reverb on KPA. I abandoned the attempt and then found all my profiles sounded different, and not in a good way. So I've done the press system while initialising. This gave me the chance to put in my signature. Never had that before on my unit although the manual says that's the first thing that happens when it is turned on for the first time. I also for good measure did the thing with holding rig down while on tuner. My sounds are back to normal again. However, one thing I did find out this morning is that the mic input on my unit is unusable for profiling because it generates a lot of hiss. I may need to go to maintenance mode, after having first made a backup of my rigs.

Vintage amp obsessive

• My KPA is locked up again after I imported and edited some rigs...... Which FW are you talking about? I tried to reboot as you said (I'm on FW 7014) but that doesn't work. KPA freezes on start up screen. Do you have more recent FW?

• In case your KPA freezes during the startup (typically at about 80% of the progressbar) then most likely do you have corrupted profiles/rigs in your KPA.

There are many reasons to get them (some were harmful in older firmware version other still are):
    -Storing rigs with more than one space after another in the name
    -Editing profiles with an external editor (Notepad, Hexeditor, ...) and then sharing these profiles
    -Editing the name of the files in the rig folder and then importing them again
    -Restoring the factory rigs
    -Changeing some cabinet parameters and then storing the rig

I got the same problems some time ago - and since I erased ALL other profiles but the stock ones and my own ones - all is rock stable here.
    Yes, I would love to try out profiles from other users as well - but will NOT do so until all this is fixed - which seams not to be the case by now.

To erase all the profiles do the flash format/init as explained on my homepage:
    http://www.soundside.de/support/KPARecovery.htm

Then install the latest firmware (I send you a PM) - and then reinstall the stock profiles only.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• All very hush hush about the latest firmware. Kemper should make it available on their website rather than sending it out to a few users who report problems and then those users have to pass it on by pm.

Vintage amp obsessive

• Armin:
    Thank you so much for your home page. I had a problem with two files I downloaded (2 Profiles). I cleared out the internal memory ect till I just got the tuner. I then
    had the option to reinstall factory presets. I chose that. I then took a chance to install the files I thought where bad it did and they in fact where not bad at all. I then
    got the other three profiles I had before and reinstalled them and everything worked great! I have one question for you since the Kemper asked me if I wanted to reinstal the factory presets, are these up to date since they where on the unit it's self? I think they looked the same. If they are not I still have what came with the unit backed up on a flash drive. Once again Thank You
    Mets196986 :)

• [quote='mets196986',index.php?page=Thread&postID=21951#post21951]Armin:
    Thank you so much for your home page. I had a problem with two files I downloaded (2 Profiles). I cleared out the internal memory ect till I just got the tuner. I then
    had the option to reinstall factory presets. I chose that. I then took a chance to install the files I thought where bad it did and they in fact where

I think the factory ones are up to date.

Its always a good idea to export (not backup) all files - so every single profile can be imported.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de