LINE6 Helix LT

• i personally don't see the need for a KPA floor model so it makes me wonder, do all the people requesting a KPA floor model play nice clean stages? if so, is the need for compact gear so important? in the the places i used to play, i'd not put much on the floor.

• i personally don't see the need for a KPA floor model so it makes me wonder, do all the people requesting a KPA floor model play nice clean stages? if so, is the need for compact gear so important? in the the places i used to play, i'd not put much on the floor.

Well, I'd look at it not so much from the point of view of what we're using currently. Just think about it, if you could have a floorboard Kemper, just think about one less piece of gear to carry around (i.e. the Remote).

Also, perhaps they could improve on the existing Kemper by having a screen and editing options like the Line 6. Seriously, the Kemper is great, but I definitely think it could be better. Too much knob turning, imo, and I rarely use the quick knobs for the reverb and delay, for example. Those are great ideas, but don't really translate in the real world imo. For example, the delay controls on the face of the Kemper are now redundant now that we can put delay in any slot. So not a wise choice.

• @nightlight

I'm always using the quick knobs. When I'm testing out profiles and they don't have reverb or enough the time and mix knows are exactly the knobs I need!

I'm currently going through all 800 of my profiles and trying to pick just 5 for each of my guitars, so those knobs are getting a lot of action!

These days, I play almost exclusively in church, so yes a very clean stage is preferable and I'm not worried about drunks spilling their drinks on my pedalboard. However, the issue is more of organization. In my case, i have an eventide H9 in the loop that I'd like to use and a few overdrive pedals that I prefer to place in individual loops.

Option 1) Leave everything but the remote behind me or even to the side of the stage, with Kemper's limited midi controls (I have a midi controlled multiple loop device for my OD's) I'm stuck only making changes to these devices on Rig changes. This means that I have to create a lot more duplicate rigs for nothing else than to send a midi message. BTW, to make this convenient, requires a lot of rack equipment.
    Option 2) Leave everything except the Kemper at my feet. Then run four guitar cables, a midi cable, (because I still want some messages sent on rig changes) a cat 5, and likely a power cord as well. All so I can needlessly sit my unpowered head somewhere else, and I use IEMs so there no point
    Option 3) Put my Kemper on my pedalboard and leave everything wired up

All three option are less than ideal. I really need a floor model, so much so that I even considered the Helix, but won't because of the above mentioned flaws.

• gotcha, it seems you already carry much gear. why don't you profile your sounds with the OD pedals so you don't need to carry them
    100% of my sound needs are within the KPA, I like the head or rack form factor in the backline connected to the desk and only one cable to go to the remote

• @nightlight

I'm always using the quick knobs. When I'm testing out profiles and they don't have reverb or enough the time and mix knows are exactly the knobs I need!

I'm currently going through all 800 of my profiles and trying to pick just 5 for each of my guitars, so those knobs are getting a lot of action!

Isn't it much easier (and a better comparison) to do this while locking the reverb?

• These days, I play almost exclusively in church, so yes a very clean stage is preferable and I'm not worried about drunks spilling their drinks on my pedalboard. However, the issue is more of organization. In my case, i have an eventide H9 in the loop that I'd like to use and a few overdrive pedals that I prefer to place in individual loops.

Option 1) Leave everything but the remote behind me or even to the side of the stage, with Kemper's limited midi controls (I have a midi controlled multiple loop device for my OD's) I'm stuck only making changes to these devices on Rig changes. This means that I have to create a lot more duplicate rigs for nothing else than to send a midi message. BTW, to make this convenient, requires a lot of rack equipment.
    Option 2) Leave everything except the Kemper at my feet. Then run four guitar cables, a midi cable, (because I still want some messages sent on rig changes) a cat 5, and likely a power cord as well. All so I can needlessly sit my unpowered head somewhere else, and I use IEMs so there no point
    Option 3) Put my Kemper on my pedalboard and leave everything wired up

All three option are less than ideal. I really need a floor model, so much so that I even considered the Helix, but won't because of the above mentioned flaws.

I leave my midi controllable stomp boxes with the Kemper behind me and have only the Kemper remote (with a pedal) in front of me.
    This is pretty neat, looks cool and works, with the performances programmed to to midi changes, very well.

I have one stomp box at present using the fx loop and attached to the midi out of the Kemper.
    Thinking of adding a second pedal using its dedicated midi out (up to two separate midi-outs on the Kemper)

• I leave my midi controllable stomp boxes with the Kemper behind me and have only the Kemper remote (with a pedal) in front of me.This is pretty neat, looks cool and works, with the performances programmed to to midi changes, very well.

I have one stomp box at present using the fx loop and attached to the midi out of the Kemper.
    Thinking of adding a second pedal using its dedicated midi out (up to two separate midi-outs on the Kemper)

Cool, so curious. Your midi controlled pedals, I'm imagining these are mod/delay/reverb pedals? ( not too many midi controlled overdrives out there, except the new bias pedal) You'd typically want these after the amp block in your Kemper. and if you want it there, you'd have to use it in them in the one effect loop on the Kemper, thus where do you use your non midi pedal? Otherwise, I suppose you could put those midi effects post Kemper, in which case, you'd then need a DI as well. For me, I'd really like it if Kemper would release the ability to send midi messages without changing rigs. I requested this a few months back: https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…-option-for-effects-loop/