Profile sounds different than miked amp

• What is your current setup with the Kemper, are you using it through a cab, a frfr, studio monitors? How many outputs do you use and what else do you have connected? Some pedals maybe, a controller?

I would like to know how big your setup is to try and help you minimize the hassle of restoring to a previous state. What do you think will go wrong if you reset the device?

Guitar to KPA to DAW, that's it. I have been trying some external overdrive pedals out of desperation lately, but otherwise just straight into the KPA. Direct recording only (SPDIF at the moment).

I have no idea what could go wrong if I reset the device, I guess that's what I'm asking in an indirect way. Is it going to reset a bunch of parameters and settings on me, or what?

• I have no idea what could go wrong if I reset the device, I guess that's what I'm asking in an indirect way. Is it going to reset a bunch of parameters and settings on me, or what?

Yes, I believe it resets all NON-RIG RELATED parameters to default - which includes output and input settings etc etc. Can't remember exactly what happens. It doesn't change anything permanently, although it does seem to fix some people's problems.

I would just make a note of the input and output settings (possibly some select system settings, if you have tweaked these and become attached to it) - so you can bring it back if you want to. And then do the reset.

I'm pretty sure it is described in the manual.

• I agree with Michael, it will reset output eqs, output levels, input settings and routing, brightness of all LED's, buttons and LED collar, and of course the screen color, nothing that actually changes the profiles. But even if you boosted the eq on the main out for example, maybe you should try going with everything flat after the reset, that's the cleanest setting really.
    Try taking the signal from the main out, I noticed around 60-65 samples of delay when recorded with spdif at 44.1k. Probably won't hear it, but it kind of bothers me.
    Well, if you don't have any expression pedals or kemper remote for which you tweaked the settings, you really shouldn't notice any changes after resetting. Well, I hope that the only change you notice is the better sounding device :)
    I would be really happy if you reset the device and it actually worked out for you the same way it did for me :)

• ?( What XXX has a noise gate?? Man I own one since years and this thing is noisy! So what is the gate doing exactly? Or are there different versions (not JSX but XXX)?

"Technically, there is no noise gate on this amp, it's at best "noise reduction circuitry" and it's only on the crunch and ultra channels. All versions of the Triple XXX and even the newest 3120 amps have it as part of it's circuitry's signal path, even the old JSX and newest Triple XXX II have it but it's adjustable and actually called a "noise gate". The "noise gates" are but merely diodes in the circuitry of the crunch and ultra channels that eliminate most of the background noise and amp hum present on most high gain amps, unlike the 5150/6505 series amps that have none.(and are quite noisy even when not playing with lots of gain dialed in!) Again, they are not true noise gates though mind you, they will not cut off the signal beyond a certain threshold, they only eliminate low level amp hum and background noise."

Seem to be more of an expander, like the 2:1 or 4:1 noise gate in the KPA, which also are no real noise gates. However the change of dynamics due to the circuit within the amp causes problems with the dynamic profiling process.