KPA = old tech?

• I really enjoy the discussions about the old tech / low performance.

The "facts" that you were reading are individual assumptions.

If it was all that simple and easy, other companies would have had the profiling technique up and running already in the past decade. :)
    And if the KPA was made by such a simple structure and technique, it would sound and feel like an amp modeler from the past decade.

But the KPA offers the revealing A/B comparison, every time a profile has been done. If there were significant differences in sound and dynamics between the original and the profile, then the whole concept would fail with every single profiling process.

Where is - by the way - the A/B comparisons of other digital amps vs. real tube amps?
    Have rarely seen one on any other company side.

I will not participate in discussions about numbers, bits, rates, points and megahertz.

Let us trust our ears.

Christoph Kemper

• Thanks a lot for the response Christopher. Could you tell us if the cab section is using IRs or if it is something completely different? My reason for asking about that is because I have an extensive library of cab IRs and it would be good to know if there is a chance I could use those in the future with the KPA so I can get rid of other devices I am using now to load the cab IRs.

• Thanks a lot for the response Christopher. Could you tell us if the cab section is using IRs or if it is something completely different? My reason for asking about that is because I have an extensive library of cab IRs and it would be good to know if there is a chance I could use those in the future with the KPA so I can get rid of other devices I am using now to load the cab IRs.

10 out of 10 for perseverance. :D

You're not Novak Djokovic are you? ;)

• Excellent all-round response from Christoph Kemper and I am surprised that anyone would think that he would give away even the smallest secret of how he does it. As I said before, to tell everyone how it's done would be commercial suicide. The reason the AXEFX guys keep asking this question and coming up with their own answers is that Fractal are stumped and just don't know how he does it and they are just scratching around in the dust trying to get the smallest bit of info that would then send them along an avenue of investigation so they could implement something similar.

Keep it up Christoph and don't tell 'em anything !

• I wouldn't exclude the fact that in this (private) forum (specifically in this thread) there is someone that's trying to know few secrets. Why bother so much? If it works, if it sounds great who cares which originally-intelligent-revolutionary-great-mindblowing Idea Mr Kemper came up with ? I don't think how the engine of my car works when I'm driving . I just drive that's all.I bet the insistent guy must be stopping every 5 minutes with his car and disassembling the whole damn thing everytime.That's obviously just my personal opinion. I'm just enjoying the ride which is even better considering the passion for its customers this company has (just saying that so that Mr Kemper after reading those compliments will probably reveal to me the secrets ! -- Just KIDDING :D ).

• Just trying to get an answer man :D !!! I really don't care about any secrets. I just want to know if I will be able to use my cab IRs or not at some point.

I'm glad you don't care about any "secrets".Just play guitar man.About your IRs?In several threads it has been specified that the KPA does not use any of that!Save them and use them with "your other gear".Cheers now and have fun with the Kemper!!

• I'm glad you don't care about any "secrets".Just play guitar man.About your IRs?In several threads it has been specified that the KPA does not use any of that!Save them and use them with "your other gear".Cheers now and have fun with the Kemper!!

I don't get why you are glad. Are you protecting those secrets? :D . Anyway, could you give me the link to any of those threads where Kemper people say that? I tried using the search but it did not work for me. Thanks.

• I don't get why you are glad. Are you protecting those secrets? :D . Anyway, could you give me the link to any of those threads where Kemper people say that? I tried using the search but it did not work for me. Thanks.

Don't worry about why I'm glad. Besides I don't need to make any search for you since many people have already tried to explain to you that the KPA doesn't use IRs (I've tried to tell you this as well but no luck..). Also why you're getting so fossy about it? My KPA sounds great. Doesn't yours?Just play guitar with it!!Easy like that! Also some PC/MAc software will support your precious IRs so no need to panick about losing them!!Just Google..-- I don't mean to be rude or to lack of any respect for you but..you're definitely so Persistent :cursing: !!

• Don't worry about why I'm glad. Besides I don't need to make any search for you since many people have already tried to explain to you that the KPA doesn't use IRs (I've tried to tell you this as well but no luck..). Also why you're getting so fossy about it? My KPA sounds great. Doesn't yours?Just play guitar with it!!Easy like that! Also some PC/MAc software will support your precious IRs so no need to panick about losing them!!Just Google..-- I don't mean to be rude or to lack of any respect for you but..you're definitely so Persistent :cursing: !!

Lets make things clear for a sec.

The only thing I have done is to ask a question to Kemper people (not to anybody else). I just don't see the problem of me or other people in the forum asking this or other questions. It is not an attack to anybody. I don't understand why on the products forums there is always some users, that are not related to the product company, that get defensive when people ask certain questions or express their opinions if they are not all positive.

Now, if you don't want to read about this or answer about this, it is simple, just ignore it and don't waste your time on it. Nobody is forcing you to do it. If you have some useful and accurate information that you want to provide that will be always appreciated but your comments don't go into that direction so it is not helping anybody.

As far as I have read so far, nobody from Kemper answered that question or at least I have not been able to find it. That's why I asked you for the links where you said you read about it.

Edited once, last by MadH ().