KPA = old tech?

• Here´s a quote from Oliver Munyak from Kemper. I hope this helps you to answer your questions that the KPA doesnt use IRs.

Quote:

thank you very much for your email and interest in our products.

Yes, you can do that ( using cabinet only ) but there is no need for that because your amp and the

profiled amp will sound and feel exactly the same.

We're not using Impulse Response for capturing the Cabinets and Amps.

We use our own profiling technology which is far beyond impulse response.

Sincerely,

Oliver Munyak

• Bless you!!

• So sorry to hear that my post has somehow misled you.All I did was to try to say that the KPA doesn't use IRs (was quite an hard task as you're difficult to convince). Besides if you haven't noticed yet the out of topic it's yours as this Thread is named... (well I guess you can read the title yourself ) .That's why replies don't go in your direction!They simply follow the Thread direction :P . I think someone else opened another post about whether the KPA uses IRs. Was that you by any chance??

• Thanks a lot the info. Really appreciated. This completely answers my question. :thumbup:

• So sorry to hear that my post has somehow misled you.All I did was to try to say that the KPA doesn't use IRs (was quite an hard task as you're difficult to convince). Besides if you haven't noticed yet the out of topic it's yours as this Thread is named... (well I guess you can read the title yourself ) .That's why replies don't go in your direction!They simply follow the Thread direction :P . I think someone else opened another post about whether the KPA uses IRs. Was that you by any chance??

No problem man. I just wanted see/read info from a reliable source. Btw, my question came after reading reading the 1st post from the thread that indeed mentions IRs for the cab block, so it was not off topic at all, but anyway lets leave it there.

• Well, I could think of an import funktion to render a cabinet IR into a profile.
    This is theroretically possible. The size of the IR would not matter.

But don't ask me for a date. We have other priorities and plans.

Christoph Kemper

• Well, I could think of an import funktion to render a cabinet IR into a profile.

Christoph Kemper

Please say something to us. We don't tell anything :D

Christoph Kemper

That's great - there are so many great IR libraries available ...

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Christoph Kemper

That would be awesome Christoph :thumbup: . It will give us much more options to play with and save people a lot of time.

Christoph Kemper

Any updates on this?

• Getting back to the OP - Old tech/new tech...White, black I dont care. I own my Kemper simply because I went to see a local gig and the guitarist was using one and I was LOVING his tone. Not so much the 'tone/sound' just the richness and the depth of it. I couldn't care less on the 'stats' or DSP or any other numbers. Only that it sounds great and is reliable! I use my ears to dictate what I buy :P

• This is from February 2012 - when the owner of another famous modeler talked about the KPA low tech.

The interesting part (for today) is: Will we get a tool to import IR's into the cab block.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Quote from Guitartone

lol, the hilarious part of it all is that every guitarist who has owned both the Axe-FX11 and Kemper has sold the Axe-FX11

I haven't. These kinds of over-the-top statements do not benefit Kemper, imho... The KPA is an amazing box of tech, but it still has competition, and that's a *good* thing. Nothing personal Lance - I just think this approach is counterproductive.

All modelers known to man 8o

Christoph Kemper

Very Cool! :thumbup:

• I would add that I agree with those who say that sonics and usefulness alone should determine the worth of any 'modeling' device, not the parts list...

Edited once, last by Radley ().