Paramore Misery Business guitar sound

• Hi guys I'm after this guitar sound for a project

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What do you people recommend

• Yes it would have been guessing of course. but perhaps 4 guitar parts on the chorus. - although I only really hear one guitar in the verses. (but this is normal)

The bass, is very very rounded. - Im guessing its finger played, then put thought some transient machine to remove the attack. - you can try that too. no idea what bass/or amp they used here..

The kick also has a 40hz trigger too. - you might want to add that in for using ducking with the bass guitar in its sidechain. but also they have a "click" in the bass drum to compliment the timing of the guitar, im guessing around 600 hz to once again make the guitars a bit bigger in chorus.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There you go. :P

I love the wall of decorative cabs and then the single beat up 4x12 in the back doing all the work.

• @Andy
    "but also they have a "click" in the bass drum to compliment the timing of the guitar, im guessing around 600 hz to once again make the guitars a bit bigger in chorus."

Do you mean the guitar is triggering the bass drum or am I misunderstanding?
    Ta
    Woof!

The producer probably got this guitar tone from POD Farm, Kemper, or Axe-Fx. Or a Kemper profile of an Axe-Fx patch is getting very common as well.

• Maybe that helps too...

External Content www.youtube.com

• Maybe that helps too...

External Content www.youtube.com

Very interesting to hear the guitar sound on its own

• @Andy
    "but also they have a "click" in the bass drum to compliment the timing of the guitar, im guessing around 600 hz to once again make the guitars a bit bigger in chorus."

Do you mean the guitar is triggering the bass drum or am I misunderstanding?
    Ta
    Woof!

I may be wrong, but I think he refers to the actual sound of the beater hitting the drum head. I prefer having this click slightly audible as well. It is part of the natural sound of the drum and does help give the bass an exact place timing wise, especially if the rest of the sound is booming.

• Unboosted Mesa DR Rev.F Mesa 412 OS and single sm57. \m/

External Content soundcloud.com

Stay Metal!