Compressor settings?

• Hi all
    When I use the compressor the Intensity setting is responding fine but I can´t hear anything happen when I change the Attack and the Squash.
    No difference between full on or full off.
    Am I doing something wrong or is the software still no updated for those functions?

Mike

• Hi all
    When I use the compressor the Intensity setting is responding fine but I can´t hear anything happen when I change the Attack and the Squash.
    No difference between full on or full off.
    Am I doing something wrong or is the software still no updated for those functions?

Mike

?...what version of FW do you have?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I agree, the Attack & Squash have never worked properly/correctly.

I always look at Manfred Frazkowiaks Compressor settings because they're interesting, a few months ago the Attack & Squash seemed to work, but very subtly, right now as far as I'm concerned they're doing nothing, only the Intensity and Mix work.

Most guys don't use a Compressor, I use wah and then compressor on every rig.

• The effect of the Comp seems to be more evident on clean sounds, though the Squash and attack are more evident on distorted sound. I personally do not use it, with the exception of Acoustic rigs and a Funky rhythm one.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• The compressor in the amp section of the KPA works differently than any normal Compressor. I am not sure how it works internally but i guess that it just temporarily alters the binary data concerning volume and dynamics of the profile. Normally, a compressor would need to react on the input audio Signal. Because of this, a compressor always has some latency in its effect on the audio signal. The results of this can be audible as the typical compressor artifacts like the "snap" of longer attack time, distortion because of too small attack and release times, "pumping" or "breathing".

The KPA Amp compressor does not show these behaviours, in fact it works like a "perfect" compressor would react. It has no effect on the gain structure and it does not pump or breathe.

I use the comressor on every clean tone. You instantly get this beautiful warm tone even it this profile was rather harsh or thin. I never use it on hi gain rhytm, but sometimes for soloing.

• The compressor in the amp section of the KPA works differently than any normal Compressor. I am not sure how it works internally but i guess that it just temporarily alters the binary data concerning volume and dynamics of the profile. Normally, a compressor would need to react on the input audio Signal. Because of this, a compressor always has some latency in its effect on the audio signal. The results of this can be audible as the typical compressor artifacts like the "snap" of longer attack time, distortion because of too small attack and release times, "pumping" or "breathing".

The KPA Amp compressor does not show these behaviours, in fact it works like a "perfect" compressor would react. It has no effect on the gain structure and it does not pump or breathe.

I use the comressor on every clean tone. You instantly get this beautiful warm tone even it this profile was rather harsh or thin. I never use it on hi gain rhytm, but sometimes for soloing.

I believe they were talking about the Comp in the stomp-boxes.... :huh: