Michael Britt profiles dark sounding? Here's an example

• Hi guys,

I've seen some people commenting about Michael Britt's profiles being dark sounding, so thought I'd just post this clip up. IMO at first they do seem a bit dark compared to most profiles, but if you just play for a minute you realise that they sit just right. The 72 Marshall profile I used in this clip has a nice midrange bite to it like you'd expect from a Marshall, and I really dig it. I'm eager to test them at a gig up nice and loud and see how they sound!

Anyway here's a clip of the 72 Marshall profile (Les Paul) and a Top Jimi Superlead profile (Telecaster), so see what you think.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Take care :)
    Jesse

• Yeah... if you crank the whole collection to gig volume, it's tone bliss!

If it's a quiet gig, I'll just EQ a little highs in.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• I agree with people saying that they're dark , at least for studio applications. Not too dark (there are darker profiles out there), but they definitely need an high boost to sit well in a mix.

• You need to turn up your prifiles to gig volume! and the most important thing for me, is what this sound trough our PA!

if its personal to dark it is the easyest thing to EQ it and turn up precense and treble!

• I'm realizing the profiles sound better out of the box when played through a real cab at gig volume for sure. So i'm going to experiment just making a copy of my performances and eq'ing them for DAW tracking, which is where they are coming off dark and muddy. I love his profiles though.

• And let the ears and not the knob numbers dial it in- one of the harder lessons for me to learn.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I'm always looking for live-use-rigs which need not to be tweaked intensely, so MBritt-Profiles could be a good deal for me.

Can you recommend a MBritt-Profile from the Free-Rig-Platform, which I could check out for use with our Yamaha-DSR112 - DSR118W-P.A.?

• I'm always looking for live-use-rigs which need not to be tweaked intensely, so MBritt-Profiles could be a good deal for me.

Can you recommend a MBritt-Profile from the Free-Rig-Platform, which I could check out for use with our Yamaha-DSR112 - DSR118W-P.A.?

Have you checked out the Free M Britt Rig Pack through Rig Manager or in the downloads section?

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/10/Rig-Packs

• lonestargtr Man, all I've ever experienced with Michael's profiles are 100% total happiness and goodness. Mbritt profiles are without a doubt in the upper echelon of Kemper profiles. I've been a tube amp player and lover all my life. Part of the reason I now gig with the Kemper is because of the MBritt profiles. They sound like the real thing. Whatever he profiles sounds like the original, period. You can tell Michael puts a lot of time and love into what he does. Thank you lonestargtr !

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR