Can KPA do Strymon Big Sky FX?

• It can't do everything that the Strymons can do. But it can do some things that the Strymons can't. If you look for one specific sound can you give us an audio example so that we know what exactly you are talking about?
    I sold my Mobius and Timeline because for me the effects in the Kemper are good enough. The Reverbs will be updated sometime in the future which maybe will also render a Big Sky obsolete.

• If you combine the pitch shifted delay in the Kemper with a long reverb, you can get some excellent ambient tones (I use them all the time). Depending on what you want to do, you might not need the Bigsky. Of course, the Bigsky has a lot more in terms of reverb types and options than the Kemper (as of now). As stated above, if they update the reverbs, we are likely to get some really awesome stuff just like the new delays. I also think those would probably render the Bigsky redundant.

• I do NOT have the big sky pedal. I have a PT plugin from Vahalla called Shimmer, which gets very close.
    For the poster that asked for specifics, im looking for this tone around 1:30:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

thanks!

M.T.

• On the Kemper it's called a Crystal Delay and you can tweak I believe 26 different parameters for each preset. I'm not a delay guy so I don't know if it can get 100% exact or not (perhaps), but it may also be close enough to suit you without having to drag around an additional pedal, or you may find it more versatile with a sound you prefer. Only you would know that answer.

Here's a video of an early Crystal delay preset (there are several more) and some tweaking. If you're a tweaker, you can really mine into the parameters:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• On the Kemper it's called a Crystal Delay and you can tweak I believe 26 different parameters for each preset. I'm not a delay guy so I don't know if it can get 100% exact or not (perhaps), but it may also be close enough to suit you without having to drag around an additional pedal, or you may find it more versatile with a sound you prefer. Only you would know that answer.

Here's a video of an early Crystal delay preset (there are several more) and some tweaking. If you're a tweaker, you can really mine into the parameters:

External Content youtu.be

thanks man!

• The one thing about the Kemper that is unique is the Delay/reverb mix function. Don't forget to try that out in conjunction with the Crystal delay preset and some longer reverb times, you can get some really great shimmer stuff out of it that may be even more useful than a pure shimmer reverb.

• Hi Folks,
    Can the KPA FX section do the "Shimmer" thing that the Strymon Big Sky does? Any tips/info would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!
    M.T.

If you're after the (beautiful) ambient sounds of the Big Sky shimmer effect, give an eye (or ear in this case :D ) at the STL "Sky Dreams" profile pack. I bought it and it's fantastic 8o

External Content www.youtube.com

1987 Gibson LP Custom
    2015 Gibson LP Traditional
    2016 Fender US Std Strat
    -----------------------------------------------
    Kemper Profiler
    Boss GT-100
    Boss GT-001
    VOX Mini5 Green