Cabinet block

• Hasn't Cliff already answered this question?

Why not send Mr Kemper an e mail and ask all your questions at the same time?

Did you know the very first Line 6 Pod 1 used IRs?

I thought this was the "Questions and answers about Kemper Profiling Amp" forum section. So probably it is the right place to ask these questions don't you think? :D

Also I don't consider a competitor as a reliable source of information.

• Have you tried the different cabs on the Kemper, or Tyler's cabs?
    What do you think of them, how do they feel and sound?

Just a thought because I don't know.
    Mr Kemper said he uses a 'technique' to separate the cab from the amp Profile...is it still possible for the cab portion to be a regular IR?

I wonder where Cliff listened/played the KPA and Axe-FX11 side by side, or who supplied the KPA...would you know?

• Have you tried the different cabs on the Kemper, or Tyler's cabs?

What do you think of them, how you they feel and sound?

Yes, I tried different combinations, but I don't understand how that is related to my question.

I just would like to know if the KPA is using IRs for the cabs or not and how long they are. It is a technical question. That's all. I am not interested in the debate on how good they sound or feel and even less in making this another KPA vs Axe FX thread.

Edited 3 times, last by MadH ().

• I would like to know if the KPA uses some sort of IR for the cabinet block and how long they are.

Thanks.

AFAIK is not just an IR, in an early interview (cannot recall which one) somebody from Kemper was stating that the "Digital Alchemy" was allowing for dinamic cabs "emulation" (not the right word, I know). Looking at the massive difference compared to IRs when playing through an FRFR system I would tend to believe that is something different/better there. Though no detail was given from mothership.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• AFAIK is not just an IR, in an early interview (cannot recall which one) somebody from Kemper was stating that the "Digital Alchemy" was allowing for dinamic cabs "emulation" (not the right word, I know). Looking at the massive difference compared to IRs when playing through an FRFR system I would tend to believe that is something different/better there. Though no detail was given from mothership.

Yes, I had read that as well that is why I am asking for something more concrete.

• Write a mail. And if you get no answers you might have to live with the fact that simply dont want to give away that information for a reason.

Well, If they don't finally answer in the questions and answers forum probably they will not do it by email either. If they don't want to answer it is fine. I am just trying to evaluate what the product could do or not in the future.

If it is using IRs that would give us more options in the future for the cab block since there is already really nice IR cab libraries and the possibility to mix those to create new IR cabs. If the KPA is not using IRs but something else that is even better it would be cool to know that as well.

• Well, If they don't finally answer in the questions and answers forum probably they will not do it by email either.

I don't think they browse around these forums too much - and if they do they seldomly post. So you'll probably have better luck if you ask them directly by email.

• I don't think they browse around these forums too much - and if they do they seldomly post. So you'll probably have better luck if you ask them directly by email.

I am pretty sure they do and this is probably the best way for them to receive customers input or concerns.

• I am pretty sure they do and this is probably the best way for them to receive customers input or concerns.

...not really...this was from forum admin:

Welcome everybody!

hi and welcome everybody to the kemperamps forum. as you can see, this forum is brand new and we're happy to see that a couple of users already found it, although it wasn't officially linked from the main website ;)
    please allow us a couple of days until every detail will run smoothly. if you have urgent questions or problems, please contact kemperamps support by email instead. this way we can help you out quick.
    best, marc

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• ...not really...this was from forum admin:

Welcome everybody!

hi and welcome everybody to the kemperamps forum. as you can see, this forum is brand new and we're happy to see that a couple of users already found it, although it wasn't officially linked from the main website ;)
    please allow us a couple of days until every detail will run smoothly. if you have urgent questions or problems, please contact kemperamps support by email instead. this way we can help you out quick.
    best, marc

LOL, I guess this was posted more than a couple of days ago, right? Anyway I will email them asking if they could answer on this thread.

• Well, being a software developer myself, I certainly do not answer questions of this nature... it's giving away your secrets....why would Kemper do that ? commercial suicide !

• If it is using IRs that would give us more options in the future for the cab block since there is already really nice IR cab libraries and the possibility to mix those to create new IR cabs. If the KPA is not using IRs but something else that is even better it would be cool to know that as well.

You can of course profile an amp (or modeller) directly through one of your IR cabs and then you have that sound in your KPA. Very quick and easy to do.

• I don't think what I am asking is revealing any secret. I am only asking if the KPA uses IRs (and how big they are) for the cabs not how they use them or how they create them. As for profiling another device IR cab, I don't think that's a good idea since the result will be an approximation of what it is already an approximation.

• I don't think what I am asking is revealing any secret. I am only asking if the KPA uses IRs (and how big they are) for the cabs not how they use them or how they create them. As for profiling another device IR cab, I don't think that's a good idea since the result will be an approximation of what it is already an approximation.

but if the KPA approximation sounds the same as the first generation approximation then why does it matter ?

• but if the KPA approximation sounds the same as the first generation approximation then why does it matter ?

Approximation means that it is not the same. That would be like taking a profile of another modeler, if the original modeler is not accurate compared to the real thing your profile would be even less accurate.