Rigs of the Stars - Need Help Building My Dream Tone Arsenal...

• So, as a shiny new Kemper owner, one of the first items on my list is to recreate some of my favorite famous rigs.

I think and hope, a lot of new users are looking for this sort of stuff so I wanted to get the experts help. I have done a bit of research over the years on some of this stuff so I can provide a wee bit of insight into the gear used.

What I'm hoping to end up with is a Profile that has the Amp and effects all ready to go in one nice package.

Let's begin with the Gretchen Tone from Ty Tabor of Kings X.

Ty used a LAB Series L5 Amp into a 4x12 (usually a Marshall), a Stratocaster Elite and MidiVerb 2 for chorus sounds. (I have the patch number he used in my notes here somewhere).

The Randy Rhoads Blizzard Tone.

Randy used almost exclusively a Les Paul into a Marshall (JMP by most accounts, maybe an 800). Supposedly a unique (at the time) millisecond delay trick into two amps to fatten the tone. Research on this varies by source.

Tom Scholz Original Boston Tone.

As most know, the guy is a genius and tinkered with every piece of gear he owned so reports on what, exactly, he did to his Marshall are varied. He even stated at one point he was unsure (yeah right). Best guess is modded tone stack and maybe a Variac. Effects are also a rainbow of options but I'm betting someone else is on the hunt here as well. The Hyperspace pedal is a whole journey unto itself.

That's a start. I downloaded the TJ Brown Pack and have been pleasantly pleased with the results so I know there are people out there like me that are wanting to recreate the iconic sounds of some of these unique artists.

Any help on this is GREATLY appreciated!

• I think there's a Rockman in Britt 's free Kemper Pack, or there is one in his free pack in his website, I'm not sure. Plus more rigs in two of his packs. Check it up. I may be wrong.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I downloaded the X100 last night. It's pretty darn good. I think it's definitely a great starting point.

Now I need to find some Modded Marshall tones to tinker with.

I'm loving this thing!!

Thanks for the input guys.