Hello Everyone New User and a couple of questions

• Hello Everyone,

I am waiting on my new Kemper to be delivered, right now Guitar Center is waiting on the stock to come in. Of course while waiting I have been reading as much as I can, which also doesn't help cause then I go through mental questions and scenarios that I can not yet test. My background in modelers have been since the early Digitech days with my first unit being the 21 Legend, in my course I have owned several Fractal products and recently go rid of the AX8. While a great unit I got lost in the tweaking part and just wanted the amp models to come out of the box authentic without having to learn all the other stuff like how an amp interacts with a speaker. So in comes the Kemper since its a full prfile of my real amp and know it is capturing the full circuit.

My question is on power amps, I have a Quilter TB200, the one without a loop. Does anyone have experience with this as a power amp with the Kemper? I love its weight, foot print, and volume but never found its interaction with the ax8 to work. I have been looking at Matrix and Carvin as full linear options but I do like the 3D sound of the Quilter. I want to use the full amp head DI, I think its considered Direct Amp Profile with a power amp in my practice situations, and use the full power amp section but afraid maybe the Quilter wont play nice. Any help while I wait would be great.

• Welcome. I can't speak to the Tone Block, but I was showing some friends at a Guitar Store the Kemper tonight, and we hooked it up through a Quilter MicroPro Mach 2, and it sounded phenomenal. I would think it should work just fine. Plenty of power, too. Not sure what your speaker pairing will sound like, but as for the amplification piece... you should be good. I'd actually like to hear your feedback on that scenario when you get it all hooked-up, as it's a solution I'm thinking about. I've been running into a little Fishman Loudbox (aux in), which gets the job done and sounds fine, but the Quilter sounded better to my ears.

We had a little crowd gathered around by the end of the in-store check-it-out thing tonight. :thumbup:

• Welcome!

To get an impression how it can sound - check out my website (and the sites from other sellers) and play demo songs thru your speakers.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Well I got my tracking information Saturday so I should have my new Kemper rack in my hands shortly!!!! Unfortunately I did allot of my tracking last night in the studio, I was hoping to have had it before then, oh well

• Hello Everyone,

I am waiting on my new Kemper to be delivered, right now Guitar Center is waiting on the stock to come in. Of course while waiting I have been reading as much as I can, which also doesn't help cause then I go through mental questions and scenarios that I can not yet test. My background in modelers have been since the early Digitech days with my first unit being the 21 Legend, in my course I have owned several Fractal products and recently go rid of the AX8. While a great unit I got lost in the tweaking part and just wanted the amp models to come out of the box authentic without having to learn all the other stuff like how an amp interacts with a speaker. So in comes the Kemper since its a full prfile of my real amp and know it is capturing the full circuit.

My question is on power amps, I have a Quilter TB200, the one without a loop. Does anyone have experience with this as a power amp with the Kemper? I love its weight, foot print, and volume but never found its interaction with the ax8 to work. I have been looking at Matrix and Carvin as full linear options but I do like the 3D sound of the Quilter. I want to use the full amp head DI, I think its considered Direct Amp Profile with a power amp in my practice situations, and use the full power amp section but afraid maybe the Quilter wont play nice. Any help while I wait would be great.

Welcome mnewse614,

You are going to have to wait and test your KPA with your Quilter TB200...however, to be perfectly honest with you, I am not sure your results will be ideal, especially since it is the older version without the FX Loop. There is no way around it...you are going to be sending your KPA signal through the Quilter's preamp circuit, and it is going to color the tone, to some degree. How much, and can you live with that, will be up to your ears. Who knows, the additional color might sound fine. However, it will definitely not be a linear, neutral and transparent amplification of your KPA signal.

Again, welcome to the community.

Cheers,
    John

• So my Kemper finally came in yesterday, I picked it up at 11 am and had to finish my work day. Excited to leave my wife calls me to go to the grocery store, now on top of this I live an hour and a half from my job. Once done with the grocery store she called for me to pick up dinner, after eating my kids were crazy for some reason, all these things and I am just dieing inside to plug in the kemper. So I already had a poweramp and cab sitting just waiting to put the kemper through it. Wow, right out of the box with no tweaking it already had the oomph and kerrang I had been looking for in a modeler. Now the fractal stuff I am sure can accomplish this, but I never found it, this unit is perfect for me, I use little effects and just like good amp tones. I loaded the SinMix pack up and wow, I was very impressed. I am really happy with my purchase and look forward to whats to come.

• FWIW, recently compared my PowerHead & Gemini 1-P to a coworkers unpowered Kemper with a Quilter Mini 101 Head into a 1x12 with an EVM12L. The Quilter stuff is nice but it EQ's your tone and colors things a bit (as foes the EVM12L). We tried his setup a variety of different ways including EQ settings on the Quilter, cab sims on and off, etc. In the end he didn't like his tone nearly as much as the PowerHead through the Gemini. In the end it's all relative to what your own ears prefer.