What speakers do you use?

• Yamaha HS80M's . I was thinking about getting the matching sub for low-end chugga & bass tracks

Me too. I've read someone highly recommend the sub with them on another forum that was using either an Axe or 11 rack. I'll likely get one someday. If anyone on here uses the sub with these please comment?

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• I use KRK RP5 RoKit G2 at home and the box MA1520 MKII for live monitoring and in our session room.
    Like them both.

• I use Event 20/20 BAS which haven been my main studio monitors for over 10 years now. I'Ve recently learned that after beeing discontinued for quite a while they did put out a reissue of those which rendered mine actually "vintage" ;)

I haven't heard the new ones yet, but they seem to be a bit cheaper than what they use to be back in the days.

The old ones where quite good for guitar orientated music since they had a good representation of the midrange - something not all monitors have. I have had problems in the past with most Adams in that regard. Adams are all about the treble response and midrange not so much.

• Me too. I've read someone highly recommend the sub with them on another forum that was using either an Axe or 11 rack. I'll likely get one someday. If anyone on here uses the sub with these please comment?

I have two HS80M's and picked up an HS10W last year to use with them. I mostly got the sub because I play bass occasionally, as most fully grown male individuals do.

It makes a huge difference when playing bass, obviously, but it also rounds out the low end on guitar. The HS10W is designed to mesh with the HSM80's and HSM50's, and it does so beautifully. I used this setup with an Eleven Rack and liked it, but with the Kemper I LOVE it. Definitely adds some boom-boom to my ching-a-ling.

• I spend most of my time with the KPA using headphones: Sennheiser HD595 or Denon AH-D2000. I love a great pair of headphones, always have. I use the Sennheisers during warmer months and the Denon's in the colder ones. But sometimes you want the sound to interact with air.

Living in crowded city, nyc, I also wanted a single solution for times I wanted to practice without wearing headphones, that could handle lower volumes, and be used as monitor, and be a portable (car not required) live amp. I also wanted it to look and feel like a guitar amp: wooden frame, tolex and knobs.

Here's what I came up with, the Traynor AM Custom:

http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?type=8&cat=17&id=422

It's an acoustic guitar amp with 4 channels. 1 voiced for acoustic guitar 1/4in, 2 neutral line-in 1/4in/xlr, and 4th aux input which takes with 1/4in or RCA cables. I've been running with this for about a week now and I'm really digging it. It weighs about 35 lbs, so it's fairly portable. Birch cabinet, oxblood tolex, a billion knobs. The first 3 channels all have separate gain and separate eq. It's pretty damn bass-y, so it's nice to be able to dial it back a little. And it's loud. The only 2 things the amp is missing are: the oxblood, while pretty by itself, doesn't go to well with the KPA green and it's not stereo, everything gets mixed to mono.

My setup when at home is:

KPA mains-> Mbox -> Traynor AUX - no eq
    KPA monitor-> Traynor Channel 3 - bass and low-mid dialed back a little. treble and high-mid dialed up a little.

It's not perfect, but in a perfect world I wouldn't need a KPA. Nor have to worry about money, space, neighbors, etc.