Peli 1610 Protector Case For Kemper Profiler Head And Remote

• Hi everyone,

I won’t take credit for this idea, since I stole it from the great Michael Britt. However, I thought you might appreciate further photographic evidence to support the fact that the Peli (or Pelican) 1610 Protector case is the perfect transport solution for a Kemper head (or, in my case a Powerhead), Remote, expression pedal and all of the cables you may need - all weighing in at under 23kgs.

I have a tour coming up that features a few fly-in dates and this is what I’m going with. Apart from a rental cab, which will be hired at the other end, this is essentially an entire rig in a box.

The case isn’t cheap, but you can’t put a price on protection, since Peli cases are built to last. I went with the Pick N’ Pluck foam option, so fitting this out took less than an hour. All you need to do is lay out all your parts on top of the foam, allowing an inch-thick border for protection and mark the corners with toothpicks, before engaging in the therapeutic act of picking out the foam.

The foam is 3 layers deep, The Profiler and Remote use the full depth, but the Mission expression pedal only needs 2 layers. It’s not possible to house the Profiler in its standing up position without it pushing into the lid foam, so I laid it on its back. In order to get to the handle to pull the head out of the box, all you need to do is remove the first layer of foam.

Fitting out the case will leave you with tons of spare foam, which can be used for patch up jobs. As you can see in the second picture, I placed a stray piece over the front of the Profiler for extra padding.

Back-story alert: Up until a few months ago, I used an Axe FX II and Matrix power amp in a standard 4U case, along with the MFC-101 midi foot controller that travelled in a separate case. On a couple of occasions, my rack unit had to go into the plane’s hold with very little protection. I didn’t want to shell out for an AX8 for those occasional fly-in dates, so my quest for a solution that would suit all my gigging requirements lead me to convert to Kemper. I haven’t looked back since.

For regular touring where trucks carry the backline, I use my Matrix NL212 cab, which sounds fantastic and is super light. I go direct to FOH from the Profiler, so the cab is not mic’d on stage and simply serves as a monitor.

• Mine looks almost the same, just positioned a little differently. I didn't want the KPA close to the wheels just because of the vibration it could cause when rolling on a rough surface, which I know is minimal but for my piece of mind I did it this way. I put shoe strings on the side of the KPA to help pull it out easier. It works lol

• Mine looks almost the same, just positioned a little differently. I didn't want the KPA close to the wheels just because of the vibration it could cause when rolling on a rough surface, which I know is minimal but for my piece of mind I did it this way. I put shoe strings on the side of the KPA to help pull it out easier. It works lol

Also to note here, I ordered a custom foam insert that should be here in a few days. With constantly pulling the unit in and out of the case, the pick n pluck foam is already started to come apart and annoy me. The designer on https://www.mycasebuilder.com/ is really good and lets you get some exact measurements and fit it to your needs, for whatever case it is you're using. I'll try to post updates once the foam gets here. It should be early next week.