Can i Do a factory reset for my KPA

• Hey fellow KPA Users,

my beloved Kemper does some weird Things to me lately :(
    i did a few new profiles my own, which i love and which are blasting (i.m.h.o.) but since then i noticed some really weird shit going on...
    even tho, i ´m pretty sure it has nothing to do with my new profiles, here´s what happened...

during a Show i played, the kpa switched to different stomps and fx´s while i was playing. i didnt Switch any sounds, nothing.
    that turned out so bad, that i had a Rotary Sound all of the sudden while i was playing a high gain guitar solo...
    very embarassing......my face turned all White...
    then i even saw the led´s of the kpa going all crazy and switching sounds and whatnot...
    after i installed the newest 5.1.1. Software everything seemed to work fine and Dandy again.
    up till yesterday...
    i was jamming with a friend in my homestudio and there it was again....same Problem.
    apart from the Sound and fx switching, it sometimes said : fx section disabled....or it goes automatically into the Input section for no reason.
    i tried to reinstall the new sofware again, but once the kpa is running with the newest Software, it does´nt read the kaos bin data from the stick anymore...as far as it seems, at least...
    today, i cleaned my kpa with the rig Manager and deletet almost 600 profiles and left only my own and a few mbritt´s....
    still.....same Problems. as Long as i dont touch the browse function to look for other sounds, all my presets seem to work just fine.
    but i wanted to use some of the newest mbritt profiles for my daily presets on my rocktron midi mate floorboard.

does anyone made the same experience as i did? is there any sectret knob combination to put the kpa back to factory preset or such?
    all my profiles i got backupped on my Laptop. so it wont be a Problem to get the sounds and profiles back, that im used to...

any suggestions?

please help...im pretty desperate and i got 2 upcoming Shows , where i Need the kpa...so ist kinda urgent?

looking Forward to hear from you guys :(

you are my only hope, obi wan....

chris

• Hi and welcome! :)

hope you get this sorted. Sounds "interesting".

I would advise you to open a support ticket (there's a link in my signature), since this forum is not monitored for "bug reports" by the company. Be aware, however, that response time may be slow due to easter vacation (nothing I know, just guessing).

Did you have your floorboard plugged in when this happened? It sounds like that could be the culprit. Try disconnecting it from the kemper next time the behaviour starts and see if that stops the madness.

• Thanks mate!

The idea with the floorboard came to me right after I wrote the first question. Unfortunately it didn't change anything.
    Nerveless...I did a full factory reset and rebooted the Amp. So I deleted EVERYTHING and started from scratch...
    I thought I got it all fixed again. But nay....
    When I think it's running smooth it all goes down the shitter the second I touch the "browse" knob.
    Im contacting the guys in Recklinghausen since I got some direct contacts due to my artist deal that I managed to get before kemper got big ;))))
    Hopefully they know what to do. I'm afraid it's a hardware fuck up...

• It may be that there are some corrupted rigs (not sure how this happens). When my KPA starts acting a little glitchy I turn it off, then turn it on to browse mode while holding the rig button down for about 45 seconds. This will fix any corrupted rigs and might help with your problem. It won't hurt anything if that's not the issue.