Very interesting..it had to happen one day ;)

• Saw it at Musikmesse and talked for some time with the guys. The demo was quite surprisingly impressive (given the background noise at musikmesse). He was playing with kind of 80's super power strat. The emulation of various pickup types from ES-125, 335 up to tele & strat sounded promising.

Seems like they take a similiar approach as Kemper with frequency profiling. The company started some 4 years ago, and they pretend to hold a patent on the profiling technology. Larger version of the pedal planned to follow/launch next year, earliest.

Currently it is not possible to make your own profiles. Maybe a future feature. Though, they are planning something like a profile (rig) exchange platform.

• Seems like they take a similiar approach as Kemper with frequency profiling.

the Profiler's approach is patented

The company started some 4 years ago, and they pretend to hold a patent on the profiling technology.

see above

Currently it is not possible to make your own profiles.

probably best not to call it a Profile, it's only confusing and falsely implies they are using the same approach as the Profiler

• It Is an interesting concept no doubt, with out putting the seeds of doubt out there, i gotta say owning a lot of the guitars that are on the preset list....I would be surprised if any of the owners of those guitars would substitute them for this pedal, i have no doubt that people who dont own a Gibson 335 would use the pedal or at least try it... :) The price is just overboard for me and i am not a cheap bastard, well only with the ladies :D

But i am with you guys, it would be hard to get the same EXPERIENCE (sound feel) with the topology and other elements.
    If its accurate and can replace my 9 string i would give up BEER.
    And we all know thats not going to happen :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• It seems to be an interesting idea and the weight is less than a second or even a third guitar :)
    I am waiting for vids and further informations.

But in no case I can imagine to give up beer for a gear ^^

• My guess is that they are basically applying a matching eq and maybe a gain compensation.
    AFAIK, in order to compare your guitar to the presets you have to play a chromatic scale.

I will try a similar approach with my AMT and some Eq matching :)

• the Profiler's approach is patented

see above

probably best not to call it a Profile, it's only confusing and falsely implies they are using the same approach as the Profiler

I guess, it is something different.. Its cool and good, that you are proud of the profilers concept and patents, but its hard to get a patent on the word "profile" ;) - So, I guess, Kemper does not have it ;)
    I guess - in this special case - it is not so difficult to go around the Kemper patent: Kemper profiles something, which is later not there anymore and only "modeled" with the profile. So, the guitar plays a "profile".
    The device in this thread, analyze the guitar, and saves a "profile" of the guitar. However, the guitar is still present when using its "profile". The profile is only used to change the output of the same guitar...
    Well, not sure, if my english is good enoug to explain what I want to say...
    Sorry...

• It's easy to see that "Profiling" has become a big buzzword after the kemper profiler was released and that its unique profiling proved to be a very successful innovation. Other companies want a pice of that cake and suddenly started to use the word "profiling" in their marketing of some products even though they don't offer any profiling at all.
    The buzzword marketing method is frequently used in all sorts of product markets because if enough number of consumers believe it, then the company makes a profit. One can argue that it's dishonest and misleading the consumers.

Here are some examples where "profiling" suddenly is used in marketing with products that don't offer profiling.

Axe fx 2: "We will soon have our own profiling" (it turned out just to be traditional eq matching, many users got confused and mislead)
    Bias amp: frequent use of the word "profiling" in marketing (it's traditional eq matching)
    Peavey Revalver 4: frequent use of the word "profiling" in marketing (seems like traditional eq matching)
    Sim1 xt-1: "profile" is used in marketing.
    Line 6 Helix: It offers no profiling or eq matching but the word profiling is used over 20 times in one of their early marketing videos.
    At the Line 6 hq;
    -So can we agree on using the popular word profiling ten times?
    - Wait! More than twenty times is much better. Done!
    :thumbup:
    I'm sure I've seen a few more products out there using similar marketing.

• So I hope in the next crime movie they do not use the word "Profiler" again. ;)

I think the approach of profiling a sound in the way Kemper does is protected but not the word. :!:

• Interesting for sure. I've used the Roland VG-88 and GR-55, to varying (but never mind-blowing) levels of success. The idea that individual guitars could be cloned and stored is revolutionary. But the playing response is key as is the pure sound output. I will certainly follow this pedal's development.

• So, this is the Sgt. Pepper of guitars? Hopefully, but not likely.

I'll keep an open mind. Only because the Kemper actually did what it claimed.
    I'd sure love to sell 20k of guitars just to put all that money into other things.

I applaud the push in this area of technology, as it expands the tools of the art.

• It may be a cool device, but even in the case it might do with guitars what the Kemper does with amps, there would be lots of mojo lost down the drain. We are more attached to guitars than to amps, aren't We? And the feel, the woods, the scale of the neck, the action and the radius, the looks, all that and much more are part of the sound and the (dis)pleasure of playing different guitars.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• That would make it far more flexible.
    There needs to be more variety of guitars though before I'd part with cash for it. Interested in seeing this develop, it might be amazing!
    Pre-Amp

• Newsletter received:

Configuration Manager 1.5

An easier way to profile your Guitars with XT-1!!

Thanks to the new version (1.5) of the Configuration Manager for PC/Mac, the user has now the opportunity to rapidly turn the profile of his Source Guitar to a Target Guitar Profile. This is a really important upgrade, that makes XT-1 even more unique! Until yesterday Guitar Players had to send their Guitar Timbers (IRs) to the Community, and download them in order to use them as Target Guitars. Now this procedures is much faster and the User now can even test his Guitar Target Sound before sharing it with the Community !!

New Folders to organize better your Guit Arsenal !!

You can add to "Preferred" the guitars that you like more, and cancel those you do not need. Your setup will be much well-ordered !!