TMS Profiles

• @mickrich Thank you for the kind words. It's really hard to play such fast alternate picking on thick strings for me. I was struggling the entire time! The chords are a little out of sync and my ears were too shot to move things around.

Listening to it now I could have done better with the EQ. But the overall vibe is there. Awesome profile!!!

• Yes, definitely brighter and a much better mix.

Man this riff is way beyond my horrible playing ability! So please excuse the sloppiness and mistakes. I did use your X stomp EQ (I think the 109.1Hz added too much bass) There is also post EQ and FX. As of right now I cannot tell if my EQ sounds good or bad because my ears are shot!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oh my, this is my favourite of the bunch. Sounds spot on. Exactly like the album sound imo.

• Man, that is so nice of you!! :)

This is a great starting point! It has that... "twangy" (for lack of a better word) sound hidden in there, to be brought out by the EQ, or by dialing back the gain and engaging the treble booster. For my guitars, the tone needs to be brightened up a bit, but I think the basic sound is there - so it should be doable with this profile. Great potential!

Thank you so much! :)

• Man, that is so nice of you!! :)
    This is a great starting point! It has that... "twangy" (for lack of a better word) sound hidden in there, to be brought out by the EQ, or by dialing back the gain and engaging the treble booster. For my guitars, the tone needs to be brightened up a bit, but I think the basic sound is there - so it should be doable with this profile. Great potential!

Thank you so much! :)

Cool.
    Glad you like it.
    It may have been better with the 57 a bit closer to the centre of the cone but I have the mics set up for profiling the EVH still.
    While setting up the sound (With ESP Eclipse with Duncan Distortion), it was really familiar but I couldn't place it.
    ....then it hit me. Very like the Melvins "Stoner Witch" sound. The Melvins are an obviously big influence on Clutch and countless other bands.
    One of my favourite bands. I love playing "The Bit" from "Stag" to young bands into Mastodon.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You're exceeding even your own standards of customer service, Mick... if that's possible, which it isn't. 8o

Thanks =]

That Clutch profile is great, so's the Satch one!

Great job and thx!!

Cool. Thanks for saying thanks =]
    Hope you enjoy them.

Busy in the studio the next 2 days so prob won't get up to much Kemper stuff.
    Mixing the new Stereo Nasty album. Killer band.
    Here's the first album I did with them if you guys want to check them out.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Tried to dial in the Carcass tone a bit more today. I think there is still room for me to add in a little more presence but it sounds pretty damn good! My new monitors should be coming in tomorrow and I can stop mixing on 15+ year old computer speakers. :D

• Ant Best tone so far man, i listened on high end ear phones AND my Sonos (digital high end sound speakers)
    I thought it was gonna sound processed but did not man, my only complaint is.. it did not go for longer :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Tried to dial in the Carcass tone a bit more today. I think there is still room for me to add in a little more presence but it sounds pretty damn good! My new monitors should be coming in tomorrow and I can stop mixing on 15+ year old computer speakers. :D

That sounds pretty awesome on the cheap chinese earbuds I've got at work; I'm sure you'll enjoy your new monitors though :D

• my only complaint is.. it did not go for longer :)

Ash

Me too ;) ...

My major factor is lack of time. I spent the day editing and EQing. Guitar playing was only about 10 minutes.

This is the 1st time I did separate mid/side EQ for left and the right. Then an EQ on the guitar bus. The 2 different instances of mid/side helped with fullness and separation of tone.