TMS Profiles

• Thank you for the B7K Profile, Mick.

Any chance of making some more in order to more-fully capture the preamp, or are you reserving that for commercial purposes down the track?

I've been told the B7K doesn't profile well.
    I did the profile quickly with the bass player from the band in the studio today.
    Apparently the Kemper isn't good with a clean/ distorted blend.
    Did you try test the profile yet?
    I didn't get a chance to do anything other than a very quick test.
    We used the real B7K for tracking.

• I haven't tried any of the B7K Profiles I've got, Mick; not recording yet (long story), but I do have several folks' free efforts.

I've not heard any complaints on the forum about any of the free offerings so far. Even saw a video the other day where @bmortlockguitar's (Ben "Bullet" Mortlock) session-bass-playing friend opted to use a DG Profile for a rock song when he could've chosen any of a bunch of other Profiles on offer. His reasoning was that he wanted to approximate the tone of the original album recording, which was achieved via different means using a "real" amp and EQ; the B7K provided the boost to his fret-buzz action and growl he needed.

• I haven't tried any of the B7K Profiles I've got, Mick; not recording yet (long story), but I do have several folks' free efforts.

I've not heard any complaints on the forum about any of the free offerings so far. Even saw a video the other day where @bmortlockguitar's (Ben "Bullet" Mortlock) session-bass-playing friend opted to use a DG Profile for a rock song when he could've chosen any of a bunch of other Profiles on offer. His reasoning was that he wanted to approximate the tone of the original album recording, which was achieved via different means using a "real" amp and EQ; the B7K provided the boost to his fret-buzz action and growl he needed.

Cool.
    I'll check out the profile I made when I'm in the studio tomorrow and report back.

• Hi Mick & thanks for all the goodies, as well as uploading best stuff on rig exchange, the recto is awesome :)

I'll provide lots of clips from your collection in the next 'profiler's digest' , featuring the SL5 greenbacks , JCM800, and probably the recto.

R

• Yup, this is definitely an excellent business model and one I would have loved to have been able to deliver from the start; though I don't think I could have spared enough time to quite match the pace & frequency with which you are able to pump out profiles from the get-go so took another approach haha - kudos!

Have seen your postings on the Andy Sneap forum previously and always wondered why you hadn't gone Kemper yet...! :/

Welcome....

• Yup, this is definitely an excellent business model

indeed , with such a saturated market, it's probably the best thing to get noticed : providing a few but excellent profiles that showcase your way of crafting tones , miking ... Not so much sellers do upload to rig exchange because of the 1 star rating trolls.

• Hi Mick & thanks for all the goodies, as well as uploading best stuff on rig exchange, the recto is awesome :)

I'll provide lots of clips from your collection in the next 'profiler's digest' , featuring the SL5 greenbacks , JCM800, and probably the recto.

R

Hi waraba,
    That would be awesome.
    I didn't realise there was a "profiler's digest". I will look it up.
    I uploaded a 6505-recto cab- API mic pre too yesterday.
    Really tight sounding high gain sound.
    I will do a better job with the recto when I'm doing the pack for it.
    I need to get the right balance of low end without boominess which I didn't get right on the first one.

Yup, this is definitely an excellent business model and one I would have loved to have been able to deliver from the start; though I don't think I could have spared enough time to quite match the pace & frequency with which you are able to pump out profiles from the get-go so took another approach haha - kudos!

Have seen your postings on the Andy Sneap forum previously and always wondered why you hadn't gone Kemper yet...! :/

Welcome....

Thanks
    I really appreciate your comment.
    Your stuff is really good too =]
    The 800 and silver jubilee are on loan so I had to get them done quick.
    The rockerverb was brought into the studio by a band doing a session so I stayed late to profile it while it was there.
    Everything else is profiles I have grabbed during recording sessions with bands.
    If we got a good sound, I have profiled it there and then.
    I'm a full time studio guy so I have free time between sessions to work with the Kemper.
    I have a lot of heads and cabs to get through before I set up the web store.
    I want to open with a big selection rather than just a couple there.

The main thing that I like that @mickrich is doing is asking for feedback. This communication alone makes me want to buy his profiles as hes listening and making adjustments.

Feedback has helped me an unbelievable amount.
    I really appreciate all the comments and messages everybody has contributed.
    It has made a big difference to the way I'm capturing amps.

• Requested by Mircea who did the killer demo song with my profiles.
    This profile will be one of the "stars" of my 6505 pack so I will leave this link up for you guys for a day then it's gone =]
    TS808 to 6505 to Zilla fatboy.
    Mix of SM57 on Vintage 30 and M201 on H Creamback to API mic preamps.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/04ep…9j1/TMS_6SOS_LTD.zip?dl=0

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You won' t believe it but its not only a heavy profile. ;) Very versatile by using the volume knob, lots of sustain there, sorry for some wrong notes, its just a quick first take made in 5 minutes.
    Guitar: music man majesty, neck pick up

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Same profile. Bridge pu. 80th style rock

• Heavy parts remind me of The Red Chord. Sounds good.

• You're an animal, Frank.

I have a lot of heads and cabs to get through before I set up the web store.
    I want to open with a big selection rather than just a couple there.

Better make sure all the new-fangled-and-necessary transaction software is in-place-and-well-tested, Mick; there's gonna be a flood of Biblical proportions, mate.

• I have seen a few people looking for mid gain crunchy sounds lately.
    Here is Marshall Silver Jubilee drive channel with gain at 3 into Zilla Fatboy with V30 and Creamback.
    This profile will be in an upcoming full Silver Jubilee pack.
    Comments and opinions, and especially, clips or video demos much appreciated.
    I will leave this link active for a few days so grab it before it's gone =]
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4z3d…S_SJ_GODZ_DRIVE1.zip?dl=0

• Same profile. Bridge pu. 80th style rock

What can I say ?
    Amazing playing that would make a Squire practice amp sound good even =]
    Seriously great job.
    Thanks a million for taking the time to do this.
    I really appreciate it.

You're an animal, Frank.

Better make sure all the new-fangled-and-necessary transaction software is in-place-and-well-tested, Mick; there's gonna be a flood of Biblical proportions, mate.

Ha ha. Hopefully.
    I'll have to wait and see.
    I'm having so much fun with the Kemper, it wouldn't bother me either way.

• All the more reason why said flood will happen, mate.

You know how it goes - those who passionately-and-diligently get on with things are rewarded in surprising ways, whereas those who chase the buck are forever saddled with the burden of doing so.

Oh, and thank you for new freebie, Mick!

• All the more reason why said flood will happen, mate.

You know how it goes - those who passionately-and-diligently get on with things are rewarded in surprising ways, whereas those who chase the buck are forever saddled with the burden of doing so.

Oh, and thank you for new freebie, Mick!

Cheers.

I tried the Evh rigs with a... GRETSCH!! And both sounded cool!

That's awesome. Eltzejupp said they cleaned up well too.

I am away with my wife and daughter for a few days so won't be around here much.
    A much needed break and my first weekend off this year so far.
    I will leave a cool profile here that I already sent to Eltzejupp.
    I was recording a band the other night that was looking for a Van Halen style sound so we nailed what the guitarist was after.
    EVH5150 channel 2, gain half way, no boost to greenback 4x12.
    This is a nice sound. Raunchy and shreddy but not overly saturated.
    Didn't get pics for this one. Had to grab the profile quickly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84ul…4-18%2021-35-27.kipr?dl=0

• I am away with my wife and daughter for a few days so won't be around here much.
    A much needed break and my first weekend off this year so far.

I remember a few days ago you said you'd be taking a break from profiling while in the studio for a few days, and in that time still pumped out multiple profiles per day anyway. I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm not so sure you can control yourself. ;)