TMS Profiles

• Doing the amps we love with a good range of presets PLUS giving free profiles away and making it affordable?, Michel your going to make friends here very fast man. Thank you. We love many cabs and a good range, sounds promising Michael.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Very cool to read a sort of "making of a commercial profiler" journal! I'll be downloading these profiles when I get home from work.

A quick question for you - when you play-test these profiles, which guitars are you using?

I might be crazy, but I feel like certain commercial profilers do their QC testing with certain guitars which affect their results. For example, Amp Factory profiles sound the best to me with my single coil Fenders out of the box (Gibsons sound too dark), while Topjimi tend to sound best with Gibson-style HBs (Fenders sound harsh). Guidorist demos are all on an active EMG-equipped guitar and the packs I bought actually sounded best when I borrowed my friend's active Jackson (until I started tweaking it for my passive guitars).

Of course, I tweaked all those profiles to get them to play nice with various guitars, but that's my very un-scientific anecdotal data for you. I feel like those characteristics lend "flavor" to each profile vendor and help me decide whose pack to buy depending on which band/guitar combo I'll be using it for (e.g. if I want a new clean-to-mildly-crunchy amp for my funk band where I play a Strat, I'll look at TAF rather than TopJimi since I feel like it'll require less tweaking before I'll be happy).

Can't wait to try out your profiles, and thanks for sharing a bit of your process with us!

• Home from a long day in studio but you make some very good points that have got me thinking re specific hum bucker and single coil profiles for clean and crunch amps. You are absolutely correct that you would want different amp eq for a les Paul and tele.
    I'm in studio sessions until Tuesday but I will do a test with 2 specific profiles on a mid gain amp and post them here to see what you guys think. Great idea

• Here is a recording using the 6SOS Recto TS. Tons of post FX but thats more for tape sim and mastering. Really enjoying it so far! The clip prob sounds like crap because my ears are fried at the moment :thumbup:

Edit: @nightlight try out this profile brother!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nice schreck! Check out the EVH's he put up earlier, they're even better in my opinion. Better than some commercial stuff out there. Gotta love that Michael keeps working and experimenting to make the profiles really nice. I started following his posted profiles a week ago when he initially was trying things out for feedback and his profiles have really made leaps and bounds since then. :thumbup:

• The clip prob sounds like crap because my ears are fried at the moment

They're FriedMan.

My browser must be playing up, Ant, 'cause there's only a blank space below the text in your post, and no, I'm not looking at the space between either of our ears.

• They're FriedMan.
    My browser must be playing up, Ant, 'cause there's only a blank space below the text in your post, and no, I'm not looking at the space between either of our ears.

Strange, there is a soundcloud link there. I will

Code
    the direct link so you can see it.

[code]https://soundcloud.com/henryschreck/grindyourneck-tms-profile-6sos-recto-ts
  • Here is a recording using the 6SOS Recto TS. Tons of post FX but thats more for tape sim and mastering. Really enjoying it so far! The clip prob sounds like crap because my ears are fried at the moment :thumbup:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for the heads up, Anthony! I will download this and try it out.

Great clip \m/
    Sounds full and fat and doesn't have the ice pick high mids that I hate and am striving to avoid.
    Check out the EVH too.
    Although it's a different head, it's quite similar and I would love opinions because it will help me re SM57 and E906.
    While they are both great mics for putting on a cab, they have different mid range.

• Nice schreck! Check out the EVH's he put up earlier, they're even better in my opinion. Better than some commercial stuff out there. Gotta love that Michael keeps working and experimenting to make the profiles really nice. I started following his posted profiles a week ago when he initially was trying things out for feedback and his profiles have really made leaps and bounds since then. :thumbup:

Thanks.
    You guys are really helping me get to the sound I'm chasing.
    Every bit of feedback is leading to small tweaks that are all adding up.

• I agree with other members here. Very good profiles and attitude, Mick. Keep it up and you'll win us over and sell us packs for sure. Of course, good old Ash will be the first! Also, you have been told already that some profiles are picky with the guitars we use. I think LPs in particular can sound dark with many profiles that work great with Strats, which sound great more easily, imo. If you take that into account it will be greatly appreciated. Other vendors, but not many, have provided us with different profiles for SCs and LPs here and there, with different degrees of success. Something to think about. Not many profiles sound terrific with any guitar, which is obviously understandable. And many of us are lazy tweakers. Cheers.
    CJ

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• @CJGOMEZ I used a LP with Pure PAFs tuned to B in the clip. Treble and presence were turned up from the original settings, but not by much. I tend to make my guitars too bright in mixes though.

@mickrich this is the 1st profile I have loaded into my Kemper in a long time. I told myself after spending lots of money on profiles that I am not going to try anymore. I liked the sound of your JST IRs and had to give one of your profiles a chance. Very happy I did!

Main things I noticed is the bass was not out of control. The annoying 2.7k-3.8k area hissing noises were not there (this darkened the tone a little bit) But after turning up the treble and presence, it was good. I'll try out the other profiles today and post a clip.

Thank you for the profiles! I'll be a customer for sure.