TMS Profiles

• Still working on the 800 and Silver Jubilee packs.
    I'm not big on Blackstar amps but the Series One cab is great.
    Oversized with standard V30s. Nice brighter alternative to the Mesa oversized cab.
    Would really like opinions on this cab since it will be used along with my other cabs for my packs if people like it (I love it)
    Here is JCM 800 gain 6 with ts808 boost.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/93pu…4-15%2022-18-17.kipr?dl=0

• Home from a long day in studio but you make some very good points that have got me thinking re specific hum bucker and single coil profiles for clean and crunch amps. You are absolutely correct that you would want different amp eq for a les Paul and tele.
    I'm in studio sessions until Tuesday but I will do a test with 2 specific profiles on a mid gain amp and post them here to see what you guys think. Great idea

I'm so glad you're receptive to feedback - I feel like this is one of the often-skipped parts of discussions regarding profiles. Everyone talks about "sweet spots" on the amp - but for which guitar? My sweet spots for my Fender Jaguar are totally different than my LP!

I've often thought about M. Britt's success and reputation for profiles that work for "almost anyone". He's got a reputation for profiles that require minimal tweaking. He also almost exclusively plays his 3xP90 guitar. Maybe the secret to the "universality" of his profiles is that the amps are dialed in for P90s, which lie pretty much right in the middle ground between Fender singlecoils and PAFs?

• I'm so glad you're receptive to feedback - I feel like this is one of the often-skipped parts of discussions regarding profiles. Everyone talks about "sweet spots" on the amp - but for which guitar? My sweet spots for my Fender Jaguar are totally different than my LP!

I've often thought about M. Britt's success and reputation for profiles that work for "almost anyone". He's got a reputation for profiles that require minimal tweaking. He also almost exclusively plays his 3xP90 guitar. Maybe the secret to the "universality" of his profiles is that the amps are dialed in for P90s, which lie pretty much right in the middle ground between Fender singlecoils and PAFs?

Check your messages =]

• I'm practically-speechless, Mick, and believe me brother, that's saying something!

The contrast between your M.O. and another that's top-of-the-board right now is literally overwhelming.

Kudos is almost an inadequate word right now, but it's all I've got, so kudos to you, my man!

• I'm practically-speechless, Mick, and believe me brother, that's saying something!

The contrast between your M.O. and another that's top-of-the-board right now is literally overwhelming.

Kudos is almost an inadequate word right now, but it's all I've got, so kudos to you, my man!

Thanks for the kind words.
    I'm really enjoying being part of the Kemper community.
    You guys are making me feel very welcome for a new guy =]
    I have been involved if a few amp related products and have found that finding out exactly what people want and , more importantly, what they think could be improved upon from what's currently available is the key to delivering a great product.
    The feedback I have gathered here has been instrumental in steering me in the right direction and I truly believe I'm going to end up with great profile packs that everyone will love.

• 2 cabs done tonight with the 800.
    Time for bed I think. Back in the studio recording a band tomorrow morning.
    MBE's question re single coil and humbucker guitars really got me thinking.
    I think a lot of profiles out there have too much ice pick high mids that becomes exaggerated with single coils.
    I have always avoided these piercing frequencies, both in studio work and now in profiling.
    I think my stuff should work well with most guitars with small tweaks of the main bass, mid, treb, pres controls.
    I have just finished profiling JCM800 into my Marshall 2x12 1936V cab.
    I set the sound up checking with Gibson Les Paul and Fender Tele to make sure it worked well for both.
    If any of you guys could check this with humbuckers and single coils I'd really appreciate it.
    It's JCM800 gain 4 with ts808 (drive zero, level and tone half way up)
    Hopefully it works well.
    Thanks
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8p6…4-16%2000-05-53.kipr?dl=0

• Thanks for the kind words.I'm really enjoying being part of the Kemper community.
    You guys are making me feel very welcome for a new guy =]
    I have been involved if a few amp related products and have found that finding out exactly what people want and , more importantly, what they think could be improved upon from what's currently available is the key to delivering a great product.
    The feedback I have gathered here has been instrumental in steering me in the right direction and I truly believe I'm going to end up with great profile packs that everyone will love.

Of this I have no doubt, Mick! ;)

• Quick Carcass jam. HH sounds horrible but its just for fun. ***Uploaded a new mix and HH***

EVH RECTO NEVE left
    6SOS Recto TS right

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tried the Triple Recto profile and for my guitar and tuning it had too much bass.

• Brutal, @schreckmusic!

I too found the Triple Rec too bass-y. I also found the Blackstar cab profile a bit more "round" where I personally prefer a stickier punch. But there's also no accounting for everyone using different equipment, so what sounds right to me may be too bright for someone else, etc. The Chuck Berry amp had really nice gain until I got to the low mutes, which seems to be the achilles heel on nearly everything that doesn't work for me personally. Still dug it outside of that, though.

As for the Triple Rec, nearly every profile I've heard of it just hasn't worked for me. The only one I think is passable is SinMix's from his free pack (don't have his full pack of it to know if it gets better… though I'm certain he'd tell you that it does):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jivi…e/SinMix_MRP_v06.zip?dl=0

I'd say SinMix, CiliLabs, and Guidorist have the most consistently good high gain profiles that I've tried.

• This new link doesn't work.
    Gosh, you are a workaholic, man. Lots of downloads and we cannot keep up!!! Thanks a lot. I've been travelling with the family and have not been able to try your recent profiles. I hope to go thru them thoroughly soon.
    I am not sure Britt 's profiles work great with all guitars without some minor tweaking. With humbuckers I usually need to increase definition and or presence a bit. And concerning P90s, they are a bit harsh and picky with rigs. And yet, Britt profiles mostly with an Anderson equipped with P90s, though he uses humbuckers for high gain, if I remember rightly. Cheers.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I'll reply to the overnight posts on my break.
    Tracking guitars all day today.
    Here is an update to 6SOS with API mic pre for tighter sound.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/98of…4-16%2011-10-34.kipr?dl=0

I feel like its my birthday with all these free profiles and updates! @mickrich I completely understand if you do not want to answer this but how did you get a tighter sound? What changed from the previous profile?

• I'll reply to the overnight posts on my break.
    Tracking guitars all day today.
    Here is an update to 6SOS with API mic pre for tighter sound.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/98of…4-16%2011-10-34.kipr?dl=0

Sounds good. I love Necroticism.
    I have a Marshall 6100 EL34 which I think is what they used on that album.

I feel like its my birthday with all these free profiles and updates! @mickrich I completely understand if you do not want to answer this but how did you get a tighter sound? What changed from the previous profile?

Same amp settings.
    The API in a tighter sounding pre and I mixed the M201 a little higher for this one.
    Also refined with ESP M1 with Duncan Disortion which is very tight forward guitar

• Thanks for the feedback.
    It seems we have different tastes in sound.
    I prefer a darker sound with less high mid but everyone likes different things.
    The recto will be hard one to get right for sure.
    The one I posted was a quick test one.
    I will have to spent time to get the best balance of frequencies when I profile the recto for real

• I just updated the mix above for the quick Carcass riff. New HH and put some dynamic EQ in the 130-225 area for the gutiars to tame the low frequencies a bit. Its not the profiles, its me having no idea how to mix and still learning X/ Any suggestions on how to tighten this up with mixing and not compressing the hell out of it like I am doing?

• Good Luck @mickrich with profiles! and as always Have Fun!

Stay Metal!

Edited once, last by sinmix ().