TMS Profiles

• Recorded a quick clip of Satch Boogie. Sorry for the dodgy playing, I just learnt it today! That swing feel is tricky!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edit: Forgot to say - sweet profile!

• Am i the only one that wants to pick my guitar up after Frank lets it rip? :D
    Satch Boogie was GREAT too man thank you for posting guys!

Makes you either want to pick up Micks stuff and play or dance, since i cant Dance...its too the guitar :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Trying to work on my crappy, poor mans mixing and mastering. My ears are shot! So this might sound like complete garbage as usual. But I have to say I'm loving these profiles @mickrich

My old mix

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

New mix @nightlight does this sound brighter?

• Ant god dam it your not a crappy mixer!!... its brighter brother but not in a bad way, Hey i liked both, maybe turn the brightness" down on the second to me would be perfect only an ass hair just my 2 cents man.

Why does it remind me of carcass?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Satch me if you can profile, quick first try....
    THX Mick!!!!!

...could be a nice little game...throw in an AmpProfile, an ArtistName and Frank has just 24 hours to record a awesome demo of it 8o:D
    ...you´re just great, man :thumbup:

• Ant god dam it your not a crappy mixer!!... its brighter brother but not in a bad way, Hey i liked both, maybe turn the brightness" down on the second to me would be perfect only an ass hair just my 2 cents man.

Why does it remind me of carcass?

Ash

I tried to make it brighter on purpose. Haha Who knows how it will all sound when I add bass anyway. Just need to buy some new bass strings. Yes, always trying to achieve the mix and tone of the latest Carcass album. Thank you so much for the kind words man!

• Satch me if you can profile, quick first try....
    THX Mick!!!!!

Recorded a quick clip of Satch Boogie. Sorry for the dodgy playing, I just learnt it today! That swing feel is tricky!

Edit: Forgot to say - sweet profile!

Both amazing demos !
    It's so great that technology has reached a point where you guys can play awesome stuff through the Kemper and it sounds exactly like you were playing the amp in my studio. Amazing really.
    I love the dynamics on this sound. The low end is tight and clear which is probably why Satch loved this amp so much and after switching to Peavey for a while, is now back with Marshall. Apparently, he told the Marshall engineers that all he wanted for his new JVM sig was that the clean channel sounded like the 6100.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to do these demos. I'll link them on the TMS Profiles FB page and you should get a few extra hits.

The brighter one sounds great, but as Ash said, so did the first one.
    The main thing for me is that they are both clear with no mud or fizz and it comes down to preference.
    It would make a huge difference if you add bass and it would, of course, shift the whole balance of the mix.
    Don't worry about new strings, lash a bass down and post it. I'd love to hear the difference it makes and would also let me know if the low end is tight enough not to step on the bass.

• hey, Frank, Johnny Cash played thru a 30th Ann. Mars., too. I'm sure. :D In any case, drink one of those bottles you've got and you'll end up revisiting Cash, Peter Paul and Mary, you name it...  ;(
    And, Mick, thanks for the 30th Ann. I used to have one. The first "good" tube amp I ever had. I sold it because I was not fully happy with it. Perhaps it was stupid, since it is a classic somehow. The only rigs available are those of Choptones, and now yours. Thanks, mate. I like the Satch Rig.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Not at all Mick, we have to thank you for your work and for the great freebies!

• Hi Mick, here I use your Satch me if you can profile.. the profile is as it is, absolutely no tweaking on any of parameters (also delay and reverb are your settings) only noise gate 2:1 and Wah added.. and I always use my R.Keeley´s Red Dirt Mini overdrive in front of the Kemper but with overdrive at zero position.. it´s also some kind of thank you for your efforts and kindness!!

• Hi Mick, here I use your Satch me if you can profile.. the profile is as it is, absolutely no tweaking on any of parameters (also delay and reverb are your settings) only noise gate 2:1 and Wah added.. and I always use my R.Keeley´s Red Dirt Mini overdrive in front of the Kemper but with overdrive at zero position.. it´s also some kind of thank you for your efforts and kindness!!

I love it.
    Thanks a million for taking the time to do, and share, this awesome demo.

• This one is especially for Ant ;)
    @schreckmusic

Attempting to capture the early Carcass sound.
    Depending on what you read, Heartwork was a mix of Bill Steer's Marshall 30th Anniversary 6100 and Peavey 5150.
    Here is TS808 to 6100 lead channel to Blackstar oversized 4x12 with Vintage 30s. Mix of SM57 and MD421 into API mic pres.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8p5s…xg3/TMS_Carcrash.zip?dl=0

**HIT 1080**

External Content www.youtube.com

• Holy shit that sounds AMAZING! Thick,saturated, nice amount of presence and not bassy! I might have to leave work early just to try this profile out! Thank you man, that was very kind of you to do this.

PS I tried recording bass last night and my mix was awful. I have been thinking and reading about mixing bass and it looks like I need to HP my snare and kick to not interfere with the bass? I have no idea what to do with bass EQ.

• Holy shit that sounds AMAZING! Thick,saturated, nice amount of presence and not bassy! I might have to leave work early just to try this profile out! Thank you man, that was very kind of you to do this.
    PS I tried recording bass last night and my mix was awful. I have been thinking and reading about mixing bass and it looks like I need to HP my snare and kick to not interfere with the bass? I have no idea what to do with bass EQ.

Cool. Looking forward to hearing what you think when you get to test it.
    Do a narrow cut in the bass at 60-90 to let the low end of the kick through then wide cut centred at 300 to ket the low end of the snare through, boost clarity at 800-1.5k then low pass at 5k ;)

• @mickrich

Hello Michael,

Gonna throw a request out to you.

I am still waiting for a definitive Yngwie Malmsteen set of profiles, based upon the simplicity of a vintage Marshall MkII 50 watt (or model 1987X reissue), boosted by a vintage (or authentic reissue) DOD-250 pedal.

We have a few excellent versions of the limited release Marshall signature YJM100, by Guido and Top Jimi...however, I am still looking for a more vintage, period and artist correct version.

There are a more than a few model 1987X profiles out there, but amazingly, none which feature an authentic DOD-250 slamming the front-end.

In any event, just throwing the idea/request out there for your future consideration.

Cheers,
    John