TMS Profiles

• Mkay well looks like the tribe has spoken ?
    Single packs and bundles !
    Plus beer !

Who said that ...it's bed time :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• At risk of sounding redundant, I think Guidorist has this down perfectly. He sells individual packs, bundles, and has an all-included pack where you can get everything. You made it sound like that might be a bit of a pain for you to handle, so I'd only suggest singles and packs if that were the case. Reason being, if I want profiles of a particular amp I tend to just buy the amp, but if it's part of a larger pack with stuff that I'm not as interested in and the price is higher, I might just look elsewhere for the standalone amp. And given that if a pack comes with 50+ profiles, I find I only end up keeping a few in the end anyway, so more amps just means more hitting the delete button.

• Hmmm... I think I'll vote for reasonably-priced bundles. Which, of course, does not remove the possibility of singles. But I like the idea of bundles with just a small handful of amps. Often bundles will only get you two or three profiles of each amp, which is hit-or-miss sometimes; while with individual packs, you don't (necessarily) get much diversity.

• Hmmm... I think I'll vote for reasonably-priced bundles. Which, of course, does not remove the possibility of singles. But I like the idea of bundles with just a small handful of amps. Often bundles will only get you two or three profiles of each amp, which is hit-or-miss sometimes; while with individual packs, you don't (necessarily) get much diversity.

Hmm... What about a strategy like Soundside, which is individual packs but after buying 1 pack getting 1/2 off on any other you add?

• Split opinion but mostly in favour of single amp packs.
    I'll have a think about it, thanks for the feedback.

I used a track by Dead Label, I recorded with them recently, to set up the "mix ready" EQ on the "X" button.
    Sounded awesome so I re-amped the whole track and re-synced it to the original video.
    Viewer discretion advised for video. (Gory)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I agree with others about Guidorist. Singles and Packs. Also the price is right so I buy all of his profiles as soon as there are released :)

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• Hmm... What about a strategy like Soundside, which is individual packs but after buying 1 pack getting 1/2 off on any other you add?

Actually that is one of the reasons i haven't bought any packs from Soundside, i felt too much pressure to buy everything at one go and in the process just never ended up getting any (that and the previous lack of clips). I like the Amp Factory's setup, Bundle at a discount, each amp at reasonable prices, each with nicely played solo clips of the amp profiles (i know it may not work for everyone however)...although we're still awaiting that for his latest pack :)

• I agree with others about Guidorist. Singles and Packs. Also the price is right so I buy all of his profiles as soon as there are released :)

I'd be curious to see the sale/dollar ratios between a model like Guido's and one that costs a lot more but may sell a lot less packs and see which wins out :) For example, the infamous $40 (or $50) profiles. If it were $5 or $10 a ton of people would have bought it from name recognition, but at $40 probably not very many. I don't personally have any idea how many people have Kempers and how many purchase profiles though...

• Actually that is one of the reasons i haven't bought any packs from Soundside, i felt too much pressure to buy everything at one go and in the process just never ended up getting any (that and the previous lack of clips). I like the Amp Factory's setup, Bundle at a discount, each amp at reasonable prices, each with nicely played solo clips of the amp profiles (i know it may not work for everyone however)...although we're still awaiting that for his latest pack :)

I was kind of the same because they had several packs I was interested in, mostly including the JP-2C. The issue is that since each individual amp is $20, you start adding $10 quickly and before you know it, you're actually spending $60-$70. I'm sure I'll go back at a different time, but I would think if somebody would keep single packs at a low price, say $10, and each other you add is $5, that would make it a no-brainer for me and would be in-line with Guido, who I think has most of the best profiles I've tried and the pricing is superb.

• I'd be curious to see the sale/dollar ratios between a model like Guido's and one that costs a lot more but may sell a lot less packs and see which wins out :) For example, the infamous $40 (or $50) profiles. If it were $5 or $10 a ton of people would have bought it from name recognition, but at $40 probably not very many. I don't personally have any idea how many people have Kempers and how many purchase profiles though...

Looks like single amps and a bundle or 2 is the way to go.
    I don't know the numbers yet because I'm new to Kemper profiles but I always see the well known sellers constantly buying heads and cabs so there must be a profit in it.

• I get the feeling a lot of people are either buying/selling the heads, or borrowing though, I doubt a lot of the people retain so many amps.

Yes, maybe.
    If you can pick up second hand amps cheap, profile them, then sell them on at the same price, you can't loose.
    I planned to do that with the cabs I bought for the Conquer All packs, but ended up holding onto them all. Good job I did, now that I'm using them again for profiles, but at the time, the plan was to impulse them then sell them. I just became too attached to having the options of 10 different cabs for recording. And my live room looks like an AC/DC concert with all the cabs against the wall.