Ir's

• HI

This question may have been asked before, tried to do a search but didn't find my answer. Question is- what is the best way to load ir's in to the kemper. I purchased a few and would like to try them out.

Thanks
    Tim

• I've compared the converted impulse responses in the kemper versus my logidy ir loader and the logidy sounds better. More full sound, better decay, and better feel. The logidy uses 44 hz by 500ms compared to the converted 44 hz by 200ms. The logidy is set to a flat eq, so not sure what else is different, but I only use the logidy now. Maybe someone can shed light on what happens during the conversion process or maybe I need to adjust ir parameters in the kemper? I'm just so glad that I tried my logidy ESPi!!!!

I was afraid the logidy would add latency, but zero noticed.

• I purchased some ir s from celeston, OMG what a difference an ir can make . The profiles I am using sound so much better with these new ir s . I was getting a bass freq I couldn't dial out these irs solved the issue big time. They don't work for every profile but for the mid to high gain profiles they work great.

Thanks Guys

Tim

• the second version of every lick sounded very nasal to me..and that was the kmeper version of the IR, right? seems like cabmaker isn't doing a great job converting IR's to kemper cabs ?(

• The CabMaker doesn't do perfect job when converting IRs into a .kipr. In my experience they, in many cases, suffer form the same shortcomings as the profiling process when it is not spot on. Meaning the sub 100Hz frequencies are reduced, there is a bump above 100Hz and some other differences in the mid, high-mid area. As if the IRs were "kemperized".
    I don't mean the converted IRs are useless, by no means, they just don't sound exactly as the original IRs.

• tdh,

I too like the recent Celestion releases. I purchased the creamback pack and haven't been back to a ownhammer IR since. The clarity and rich mids sound great in my environment.

Which packs did you end up with? I'm thinking greenbacks next as I really enjoy the Ownhammer greenback offerings.

Cheers,
    Steve

• I went with the green backs very good ir's I too had some ownhammer irs and although they are good the celestons were better for me

• I bought the Greenback 4x12 and the V30 4x12 packs and they are really good. But there are many good cabs out there in current profiles.
    My favs are from Guido, SinMix free pack and some of the free rigs from Deadlight Studios.