Just recieved my Mission Engineering KM-212P

• So I'm a new Kemper Powerhead Owner and love this thing! It has a learning curve for sure, but it's worth it. Read the reference manual! :)
    So I am running my Kemper though an Egnater tourmaster 4x12 Cabinet with Celestion Vintage 30's. I played around with it and built our bands setlist up in performance mode with the cabinets turned off, of course. Most of the time I'm running a recto amp and the sounds I'm getting are awesome! In fact I just played my first gig with this setup and to be honest, my first gig at a bar. It went off without a hitch! The only thing that was odd was the soundcheck, because I ran the Kemper to the board with the main output xlr and since the cabinets were turned off it sounded weird...to much tint. I'm sure there is a way to fix that through the menu, I just haven't read that far yet :D . We ended up putting a mic on the cabinet and it sounded great. Show went off without a hitch.
    Fast forward to today..... I just received my Mission Engineering KM-212P!

I wanted to wait for some reviews on this before I bought this but no one is pulling the trigger. So I decided to take the blind leap and get it....and I'm so glad I did!
    This thing sounds amazing using the setting's I created for my egnater tourmasterx 4x12. It actually sounds better then my 4x12! I had to asked my wife to come out and blind test the sound because I thought my ears were playing tricks on me.
    NOPE.
    The Mission Cab blows away the Vintage 30's with the setting's I dialed in for the tourmaster cab. It just brought more highs and crispness to the sound.

I also have a Mission Gemini 1x12 powered cab with Bluetooth and that is a great cab as well, but I feel more impressed with the KM-212.It just feels more ....um...alive I guess. I like the quality of Mission products and that's why I decided to go ahead an pull the trigger on buying this. I had to write this just because I haven't seen any real hands on with this cab besides the one review on sweetwater's website which was not very informative. I cant say enough good stuff about this and hope this helps someone decide to get this cab that has been on the fence like me.

• you only have to switch off the cab sim for the monitor out. If you go to foh by the xlr main outs the cab sim for the main outs must be on. Go to the output menue and check it out

+1 to this OP. You can have both at the same time. Send a fully processed kemper profile out of the main L/R outputs to the board and then send a mono signal with the cab sim turned off into a power amp/cab on stage. I've done this and it works great as I still rely on a fryette power station and 2x12 for my stage presence (I've only met like 1 or 2 sound guys I can actually trust enough to rely only on a monitor for my sound) so I always depend on a signal on stage that I can control.

• +1 to this OP. You can have both at the same time. Send a fully processed kemper profile out of the main L/R outputs to the board and then send a mono signal with the cab sim turned off into a power amp/cab on stage. I've done this and it works great as I still rely on a fryette power station and 2x12 for my stage presence (I've only met like 1 or 2 sound guys I can actually trust enough to rely only on a monitor for my sound) so I always depend on a signal on stage that I can control.

Thanks for the info and now I know for next time. I'm still learning how to use this amp and the help is appreciated.

• Hello,
    Do you still have this? how does it compare to the Mission Gemini 1x12 powered cab? Do you still like it better?
    I am looking at both, biggest issue for me is the sound through my current 4x12's. If I play a fender or vox patch, I want it to sound like a fender of vox - which I really am not getting through my 4x12s.
    Is the KM-212P the best of both worlds?

Does their passive stuff have anything like the empower knob on the powered cabs?

Thanks for any replies!

DEPARtED

• ditto- I would like to know as well if you have the time. :)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I HIGHLY recommend this GRFR if you have the space. I had one and it's very easy to hear the differences in cabs across the amp profiles. Only sold it because it's heavy and the size of a 4x12 even though its a 2x12. Notice I said GRFR. What Mission did on this particular model is Guitar Range, Flat Response. It's not full range, but you'd never notice it for this purpose. Also, if you're looking for other FRFR cabs, take a listen to this youtube review of some of the more popular FRFR speakers on the market. Personally, I'm saving up for the Mission Gemini 2 powered because I want to do stereo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WteWgQ1lV8A&t=1s

• thanks!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I can't find many people that have this...are you still using it?