SPDIF input has stopped working

• Hi,

I've been using my Kemper for years and everything (apart from half the LED's dying) worked fine up until today.

I've just turned it on to do some reamping using the SPDIF in and it isn't working. I've tested cables and actually found that for some reason it's not even recognizing I'm setting it to SPDIF input. I can plug a guitar in the front and happily play guitar on "Front Input", "Alternative Input" and "SPDIF Input Reamp". "Return Input Reamp" does bypass the front input.

Any ideas?

I've troubleshooted everything else. Signal is outputted, changed cables etc. I've isolated this to the kemper.

LATEST:
    I've flashed to the latest firmware again and I got a worrying "communication with DSP board failure"

Edited once, last by Clancychris: Updated ().

• I know you say you've tried everything, but sometimes routing through an audio interface could be the cause of the issue. You're saying that signal is being output from the interface, are you doing any tests on equipment other than visually inspecting the meter in your software mixer? Also, are you connecting to the right input and output on your Kemper and the interface, i.e. in to out and out to in?

Sorry if this seems really basic, but we've had all kinds of problems here, such as people connecting their guitar input to the headphone jack and wondering why there's no sound.

The DSP board failure sounds scary, but it could just have been a one-off. Is the Kemper booting up otherwise?

• It's booting up and otherwise working fine. The issue I have seems to be that when I put it on "SPDIF Input Reamp" it still selects the front input. I just don't recall it ever doing that? If somebody could check that on theirs I'd be thankful of that.

I'll try switching the wires again now

• This is mega annoying. Having the same problem right now. I've already had to send my unit in for a DSP board failure..... realllllly don't want to do it again.