GOODBYE KPA

• i just sent back the kpa. ;( & :)

i know you are thrilled about the new technology... as am i. but let's be honest: the kpa is beta (at the moment) and personally i'm not willing to pay full price for an unfinished product and be used as a beta user while hoping for the product to be what it has been advertised as: a professional product.

the idea behind the product is really great and the kpa gets 80/90% close to the ampsound. but all the missing features, the bugs, the "don't-s", the crashes etc. just made me so mad regarding the high price that i had to send it back. it became a habit these days to sell computer based products with bugs and let the user sort it out while finishing the product after product launch...since it is so easy to just release another firmware update and make the product 'whole' bit by bit... which is sad. but this is just a step too far. i'm happy to be a beta user but i wanna be asked for it before and not pay full price for the product.

so guys, i hope you'll have a good time and not too many crashes. i will perhaps come back and give it another try when the kpa is 'finished' in it's base routines. always good to have some customer support and further development on a product AFTER it is stable and safe, so i look forward to that. you user guys are a good crowd, though - as i see it - sometimes a little too forgiving. may the force be with you ;)

Edited once, last by elfredo ().

• Sorry to loose you :( ! Hope to see you back at some point! Thanks for all your contribution :thumbup:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Mmmm... for me it's no problem to help making a very good product better and better. Is the Fractal Axe-FX or Line6 Pod-HD bugfree? No!
    My only problem is the too long waitingtime for new fixed firmware-revisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mmmm... for me it's no problem to help making a very good product better and better. Is the Fractal Axe-FX or Line6 Pod-HD bugfree? No!
    My only problem is the too long waitingtime for new fixed firmware-revisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Gary, since release we had 6 FW updates (though you can see only 3 on the website) in 5 weeks and a lot of stuff has been already sorted out, I would not call that a too long wait time, but that is just me....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Well Gary, since release we had 6 FW updates (though you can see only 3 on the website) in 5 weeks and a lot of stuff has been already sorted out, I would not call that a too long wait time, but that is just me....

But it's no problem to give us more! ;)
    For example: the Monitor Out bug (if you change parameter in Cabinet-Mode)... it's since FW 6985 and not fixed yet in 7034!
    Give me 7035 or higher Kemper-Team (with fixed only this problem) I'm happy!

• Get his home address, we'll have to 'liquidate' him.

:D he will be profiled and re-programmed

You're not deep, you're not an intellectual, you're not an artist, you're not a critic, you're not a poet...you just have internet access

• You'll be back, once you've been spoilt by the Kemper fidelity you need a daily 'fix'. :)

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave" :D

All the best!

• I can fully understand your point - one the other hand I am glad to use this exiting new technology by now - and not waiting some more month.
    The great thing with software - almost all can be fixed - so I am sure the KPA will be stable soon.

I ordered mine April 2011 and got it end of 2011 - and was quite sure I would try it, not like it and return it - and keep my AxeFx II.

Now I keep the KPA - it's the first box able to capture and provide the sound I love from my tube amps.

But, yes, I was shocked and VERY angry after I found that my KPA - out of the blue - stopped working and did not reboot anymore (see the 'KPA is toast' thread) - but now I am quite happy.

All this could have been avoided by proper beta testing half a year ago :rolleyes:

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Hey Elfredo... thats a pity.

Sure there are OS updates to extend the basic original OS supplied at release date, but I dont know of a single 'digital' product that does not get those....

In any case, you tried it and it's not for you. :(

But honestly, I don't really believe that the KPA has a 'high price' for this level of product... reason being, that if you were to typically buy just one of those top end tube amps that the KPA replicates so well, its likely you would have spent more than this device costs by far - and the KPA can handle hundreds of really cool sounds.

Many boxes out there have just a few 'killer' sounds and the rest just fill the box with rubbish... which means in reality that in those cases price per 'sound' can be really high. But if you use say just 100 sounds (and they really are in there by default - adding your own simply makes those sounds an even larger sound base to work from) then in my case the cost would have been just £11.70 per sound... and thats a real bargain. Add more amps from profiles on the forum and down comes the price per sound dramatically which in my opinion really makes the unit a veritable bargain longer term.

I can honestly say that apart from one 'odd' noise from the KPA I have never had a crash, burn or anything else happen to mine but I have read on this forum that some guys have 'suffered' badly from that. Clearly you are one of them - but maybe it could have been a faulty unit? I would have certainly spoken at length to the Kemper support team about my issues and problems. And I would have expected definitive answers. But maybe they could not be solved to your satisfaction at this time.

At least you gave it a go and I guess it did not work for you and thats all anyone can ask of any potential user.

Sorry it did not work for you and good luck in finding a replacement that works for you.

Careful I'm watching you...

• Am I the only one who hasn't had any bug. It froze 2 times with the beta firmwares while booting. But I never ever had any other problem :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Am I the only one who hasn't had any bug. It froze 2 times with the beta firmwares while booting. But I never ever had any other problem :D

I only had once the noise/crap sound after profiling (solved with a simple restore), otherwise everything fine here...we must be doing something right! :D

• In one month I had only one crash with the KPA. Sure there is a long todo list and there are several little bugs.
    But as a software developer I know that customers tend to use your software in ways you would not expect it.
    If you change a lot parameters and often switch cabs the likelihood of crashes will grow.
    But the basic features however are stable.

• But honestly, I don't really believe that the KPA has a 'high price' for this level of product... reason being, that if you were to typically buy just one of those top end tube amps that the KPA replicates so well, its likely you would have spent more than this device costs by far - and the KPA can handle hundreds of really cool sounds.

i'm with you on that point...if it worked properly. i'm not complaining about build quality, sound quality or lack of flexibility. i'm not discussing if it has old tech built in or about the resolution of irs. i'm not talking about the size, the form factor or the colour. i'm not complaining that certain fx are not installed yet.

all i want is a properly working machine that's worth the money i paid for it. and it doesn't matter if other products are buggy, too. if your brand new mercedes - which you bought to be on the road for some time - stopped because of a broken gas pump the first day, the indicator would sometimes work, the engine stutter when pushing down the gas pedal etc etc... you would certainly not stay cool and say: "well, other cars have their bugs, too". i made my first 10 bug reports in the first week and most if not all of the bugs are still there three weeks after.

but of course this is just my opinion... if you are happy with it, i'm happy for you. i don't want to spoil it for you. was looking forward to till's mesa cabs though.

• But as a software developer I know that customers tend to use your software in ways you would not expect it.
    If you change a lot parameters and often switch cabs the likelihood of crashes will grow.

that's what beta-users are for. but you have to take that stage seriously... as a developer.

But the basic features however are stable.

??? use two following blanks in the title and the unit crashes. alter one parameter in the cab's section and the sounds are 'boxy'. etc... i wouldn't call that stable.

• First of all I don't want to change your mind. I understand your reasons why you will send back your KPA.

The bug with the two following blanks is a good example, that costumers using software in an unexpected way.
    And for me it's not a big deal to avoid two blanks in my rig names. The other boxy sound bug is indeed a serious one.

But features like profiling, all kind of midi-commands and simply playing rigs is stable.
    For the most bugs there are workarounds posted in this forum, so for me the KPA works quite well.