No sound from monitor output??

• I've read the owners manual for the outputs section and can't figure out what I have set wrong.

Monitor output is set to Master mono, monitor volume set at 0.0 db

Main out and monitor out link are both checked

monitor cab off is checked

Monitor output is going into the FX return of an amp. If I unplug the cable from the monitor output jack and plug into the headphone jack it works (though with the cab sim still going obviously)

Any ideas?

• Do you have a volume pedal connected? If yes try without it and check the volume pedal area to see the settings there.
    Can you hear anything from the direct out, if you set it to mono master?

• yeah Monitor output is set to Master mono

I do have a spare volume pedal I can hook up.

Direct out sends the dry unprocessed guitar signal right now. didn't realize I could send master out of that. The trick though is whether or not I can strip cab simulation off that line out signal like I can on monitor out? Because that's the goal here.

Send the 2 main xlr outputs to the mixer/PA and monitor out into a power amp and cabinet with the cab sim disabled on that signal.

FWIW, I'm running the latest firmware version as well.

• Could it be that the mixer channels to which your main outs are connected to have phantom power engaged? Is the ground lift of your monitor output engaged?
    This happened to me before and it turned out that when my XLR main out is connected to a channel with enabled phantom power and the ground lift of the monitor out is engaged there is no signal coming out of it! No idea if this is by design or just a specific defect of my unit!?

Cheers,
    Markus

• I unplugged the two XLR main outputs last night and had only the monitor out running to the power amp and cab and still zero sound. I tried turning on/off all the ground lifts too.

Line out works fine but obviously no way to strip the cab signal from that so it's not going to work.

I went through every single page on all the menus to see if I could figure this out and I'm beginning to think that it may just be something wrong with the unit. :(

I'm going to install the 5.1.1 software update in a last ditch effort but I can't imagine that THAT would fix it. If it still doesn't work, I'll email kemper support tomorrow.

• Hi, i had this problems after organising Rigs in Browser-Mode and Performances using the latest Version of RigManager. Besides some "Crashes" of the Kemper, this went quiet well, but no sound on the Monitor with no obvious changes in the Parameters. Yesterday I restored a Backup where everything , also the monitor output, went ok. And YES: Monitor was like it used to. Also with OS 5.2beta ! Then I erased all the old Rigs in the Pool and all the old Perfomances and put in my new Rigs and Perf's using the RigMananger slowly and carefully...grrrrr what a mess this editing-software is...unbelievable! Now it work with the "new" Sounds. I don't know WHY ? And THAT doesn't make me happy. Maybe I could help....

• Hi, i had this problems after organising Rigs in Browser-Mode and Performances using the latest Version of RigManager. Besides some "Crashes" of the Kemper, this went quiet well, but no sound on the Monitor with no obvious changes in the Parameters. Yesterday I restored a Backup where everything , also the monitor output, went ok. And YES: Monitor was like it used to. Also with OS 5.2beta ! Then I erased all the old Rigs in the Pool and all the old Perfomances and put in my new Rigs and Perf's using the RigMananger slowly and carefully...grrrrr what a mess this editing-software is...unbelievable! Now it work with the "new" Sounds. I don't know WHY ? And THAT doesn't make me happy. Maybe I could help....

Interesting that the software could be the culprit. I still haven't had time to sit down and email anyone but hopefully I'll have a few minutes today. I have a backup of all my profiles so I suppose I could always do a full factory reset and see if that works and if it does, import my profiles back into the kemper.

• There is a separate pedal controller for the volume of the Monitor output in particular. Check out the knob CC73 on page MIDI Settings in the System Settings. That should be at maximum 127.

• There is a knob on page MIDI Settings in the System Settings which allows to simulate CC73 (pedal controller for Monitor Output Volume) even if no pedal is connected. Perhaps it has been manually turned down accidentally.