Optimization

• After 3 years with the KPA, half that time also with the remote, I'm mostly happy with the sound and features. The issue that is nagging me the most now is the seemingly abysmal response-time to user input, and general sluggishness of the unit. I'm running 5.1.1, but sluggishness has been an issue with every release I've used. We are living in days when real-time rendering of complex 3D models in motion on ultra-high-definition displays is commonplace on consumer gear, while the KPA and its remote with their fairly basic displays often take a second or two to respond. Browsing through performances is a pain. Sometimes the volume-pedal (expression-pedal connected to the remote) takes half a second or more to respond to changes. These are just two examples. I know there are things happening behind the scenes that take time, but with modern multi-core processors and multi-threaded software is should be possible to handle the user interface in a separate thread and thus make it much more snappy. It is reasonable to expect the UI to update immediately and offer some form of progress-indicator if there are parallel/background-tasks that take time to complete. Without internal knowledge of the hardware-design and software toolkit used for development it is impossible to know what the problem is, but one would expect recent designs to be significantly more responsive. I thus urge the developers to turn every stone possible to optimize the system. If the platform has limitations that makes this impossible then I think that it sadly is time for Kemper to move on to a new hardware platform with adequate processing power.

Edited 2 times, last by heldal ().

• Hmmm... Noticed it in performance mode actually, may also be an issue in browse mode.
    I've previously had issues where holding the rig button to add to favourites (in browse mode) was way slow as well.

In BROWSE mode renaming a rig using on face knobs and buttons is quick. No lags. Well performance mode is source of all pain I see. Most errors encountered, the workflow, etc.

As for sluggish setting rig as favorite I have observed big difference between 2.7.4 and 3.X.X. Let me find my topic...

======= EDIT ======

here it is Setting Rig to Favorite - isn't it to slow? OS 3.2.0 [UPDATED with results from 2.7.4]