How do I get profiles I just bought into Rig Manager so I can use them?

• I just bought every profile on the Big Hairy Profiles website and I want to try them out.

How do I get them into the Local Library on Rig Manager?

I can't figure out how to import them or how to tell rig manager where they are stored on my pc.

• I tried. Do I -have- to use a memory stick to do this? I don't want to keep the profiles on the kemper or on a memory stick, i'm wanting to keep them in a folder on my computer.

This is really confusing to me because on the Axe Fx I had, I just kept all my cabs in a folder on my computer and I used axe edit to open up the folder on my computer.

• 2 hours later, still trying to figure this out, this is very retarded and non user friendly so far, not intuitive. Somehow I managed to get one pack of profiles into the Kemper -BUT- it's not the way I want to do it at all.

I had to save the profiles to a memory stick then stick that in the kemper and press external and import, and it put them on the actual KPA, that's not what I wanted. I was able to drag and drop them into the "local folder" at that point, but I'm not finding this "local folder" on my computer.

I want to store all my profiles in a folder somewhere on my computer, and I want to be able to use rig manager to open these profiles from that location on my computer.

Not from the KPA and not from a memory stick.

It's also super annoying me how the volume changes so much when i switch between profiles, I am in a apartment and it's annoying to have to keep turing the volume down every single time I switch to another profile, there's gotta be a global way to set volume on all profiles I would hope.

Can't really say how the actual tone of the Kemper compares to Fractal yet because I've spent last 4 hours updating it, trying to get it to screw into my rack, and trying to get profiles uploaded.

I think if these things get sorted out it will probably be good.

• RigManager looks like an Explorer.
    You see your own folders and (if connected via USB) you see your Kemper (all the way down, at the end of the list).
    There you see (if your Kemper is connected via USB) "My Kemper".
    Go to one of your own folders (which you can create yourself).
    Now you can import rigs (you'll find it in the "File" menu).
    If you have imported rigs to your own folder(s), you click on a rig with the right mouse button and press "copy".
    Now you go to "My Kemper" (down, at the end of the list on the left site).
    F.e. in Performance mode, you select again "My Kemper (under "All Performances) and there you can build a new perfomance (click on the right mouse button).
    If you have build a new performance, go to the rigs of this perfomance (in the window on the right side).
    You'll see the 5 rigs of this performance.
    Click on one of the rigs with the right mouse button. Press "Paste".
    Now the rig should be in your Kemper.

• On the back of the Kemper where it says USB, I have my usb cable in there plugged into a usb port on my computer.

I don't have anything plugged into the USB port on the front of the Kemper.

Is this OK? Or do I have it wrong? Do I need to the USB to go from the FRONT of the Kemper to my PC instead?

Oh wait, I just clicked on file/import and yeah it opened up a directory to the folders to my pc, so I think this may work now...

• You should be able to drag Rigs from your desktop or a folder into RM; you shouldn't have to use the import menu, but it's there anyway.

Make sure you create and select a folder in your Local Library first, or select the "My Profiler" (or whatever it's called) folder.

Drag onto the blank (main) space, not the side pane where the folders are located, and wait 'til you see the inner edges of the window change colour, then release the mouse.

• I think that's where i had went wrong I was trying to drag to the side panel instead of the big main area.

yeah, I don't get much from reading manuals, I'm more of a hands on/visual learner... but when people give me easy to understand steps and can show me what I'm doing wrong that helps a lot.

I will try to do more with it tomorrow, I gotta get some sleep now haha

• Drag onto the blank (main) space, not the side pane where the folders are located, and wait 'til you see the inner edges of the window change colour, then release the mouse.

I think that's where i had went wrong I was trying to drag to the side panel instead of the big main area.

I'm gonna say great call MM. I've not encountered someone's doing this before, but I just had a feeling...

• I think it's time for the OP to RTFM, like @digbob said.

The kemper has so many amazing features that I didn't use in the first week where I hadn't RTFM.

Then I started working my way through it, and every few minutes I was saying "Oh wow, I can do THAT?"

Using a Kemper for the first time is like reading the Coles Notes (or Wikipedia page, for the Millennials out there) of a great work of literature. You'll get the gist, but you're basically missing most of what makes it great!