H&K GrandMeister 36 (Engl pro 4x12 slanted)

• More testing...
    12 profiles from H&K GrandMeister 36 Ultra channel and 2 profiles from clean channel. Tip: Try to activate the Studio EQ in X-slot -> adjust "Mid2 Gain" to taste

Download: SPK77 GrandMeister 36.zip

Soundclip: (There's just a limiter in the master channel - guitar tracks are not EQ'd. These profiles are quite dark sounding )

Recorded with REAPER 5
    Rhythm guitar left: SPK77 GM36 Ultra 9
    Rhythm guitar right: SPK77 GM36 Ultra 12
    Lead guitars: SPK77 GM36 Ultra 9
    Bass: freeware (Necromare Electric Bass) http://bigcatinstruments.blogs…16/03/necromare-vsts.html
    Drums: SSD 4

(see post #52 for profiles in this soundclip)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(see H&K GrandMeister 36 (Engl pro 4x12 slanted))

Updated 22.4.2017: added 1 profile from ultra channel

Updated 20.4.2017: added two profiles from clean channel

• SPK77 GM36 Clean 1
    • SPK77 GM36 Clean 2 (profiled with exactly same settings as "SPK77 GM36 Clean 1", but this time Kemper decided that it's a distorted profile)

Updated 17.4.2017: added two high gain profiles

• SPK77 GM36 Ultra 10
    • SPK77 GM36 Ultra 11

(I tested this fizz-killing trick by Fear Complex Music):

External Content www.youtube.com

Updated: added two profiles

Edited 15 times, last by spk77 ().

• How accurate are these? Because I profiled the same amp.. and it's way off on the low end, mids feel weird. As per the big thread going on: "congestion". Are you able to avoid this effect? If so, how?

• Well, not "way" off. But off enough to bother me, knowing the amp rather well.

• How accurate are these? Because I profiled the same amp.. and it's way off on the low end, mids feel weird. As per the big thread going on: "congestion". Are you able to avoid this effect? If so, how?

I have that gating/compression problem - sometimes it's very obvious, sometimes it's not so noticeable.
    I'm in the same room with the cabinet - it's really difficult to hear how accurate these are while doing the refining process...

I'm just a hobbyist -> no control rooms etc. :)

• I have that gating/compression problem - sometimes it's very obvious, sometimes it's not so noticeable.I'm in the same room with the cabinet - it's really difficult to hear how accurate these are while doing the refining process...

I'm just a hobbyist -> no control rooms etc. :)

Ok,thanks a lot for the response :) So we are likely on the same page when it comes to profiling the amp. Will try the profiles later though, thank you for your contributions.

• Updated 17.4.2017: added two high gain profiles

• SPK77 GM36 Ultra 10
    • SPK77 GM36 Ultra 11

(I tested this fizz-killing trick by Fear Complex Music):

External Content www.youtube.com

Profiled also, it'd a nice sounding
    amp, as always kemper profile sounds more tight than profiled amp, but IMO HK is nice. @spk77 single profile with "fizz killing" mic pos can sounds good but... in the mix when you ude quadtracked guitars you can realize some problems with phase... Just My 2 cents.

Stay Metal!

• Profiled also, it'd a nice sounding amp, as always kemper profile sounds more tight than profiled amp, but IMO HK is nice. @spk77 single profile with "fizz killing" mic pos can sounds good but... in the mix when you ude quadtracked guitars you can realize some problems with phase... Just My 2 cents.

Stay Metal!

Thanks for the comment sinmix!
    I have to say that I don't know very much about mixing :)

• Thanks for the comment sinmix!I have to say that I don't know very much about mixing :)

Don't worry @spk77 almost every amp profiled on Mesa cab sounds like Mesa amp :D (i mean good, good know sounds from many of recordings) Short tip? If you wanna post some sample or kemper profile (even amp is not famous) go for Mesa cab! after all this profile sounds just like another mesa amp :thumbup: I want to say this again, tested maybe more than 20 diff cabs, from orange,mesa,engl,bogner,Custom Audio, marshall etc... Fucking Mesa cabs still sounds like hmmm "Mesa Cab" specific midrange with specific fizz, TBH only David Laboga cabs sounds very close to Mesa cabs. Another question qho needs? same cab sounds like mesa from another cab? no one! But yes DL cabs sounds fucking close to Mesa cab and TBH i like them more than Mesa. At the end HK 36 is a really nice amp! and Kemper like this amp. So profiles sounds good!

Stay Metal!

• I've definitely noticed that about Mesa cabs, too. Don't tell SuckerFreeGear, though... :D

• Updated 20.4.2017: added two profiles from clean channel

• SPK77 GM36 Clean 1
    • SPK77 GM36 Clean 2 (profiled with exactly same settings as "SPK77 GM36 Clean 1", but this time Kemper decided that it's a distorted profile)