KPA froze moments before my gig last night!

• Yes the Kemper can get overloaded with midi commands quickly. Streamline what you send it and make sure there is nothing extra.
    Also make sure you use a power conditioner when you play out ( or even at home). Goofy power can cause issues.

• Also make sure you use a power conditioner when you play out ( or even at home). Goofy power can cause issues.

I'm not so sure power-conditioners make all that much sense anymore. Maybe it depends on where you live. I do have a rather advanced conditioner for my rig (KPA, mixer and PA-rack) that collect and store information about anomalies. Despite playing in lots of obscure places it has not registered a single issue other than the expected variations at power up/down in the past 3 years. The power-supply in my corner of the world seem to be rock stable.

• I don't know if it has something to do with the freezing, but problems started when we got a Midisport 4x4 to distribute Program Changes to four destinations. One goes to me, other to the other guitarist and the remaining two go to the keyboardist and FOH.
    The PCs are being sent from QLab, which is then connected to Midisport. QLab is on channel 1 and all the four PCs that Midisport sends are also on channel 1.
    So, for example, in the beginning of a song, four different PCs are being sent. Midisport separates the four midi outputs so that each midi output gets only one PC. For example, in the beginning of a song it might send PC1 to me, PC2 to the other guitarist, PC3 to the keys and PC4 to FOH. The midi output that is connected to my Kemper only sends PC1. My Kemper is set on Omni.

It is quite hard to pinpoint this problem since it happens in the midst of a concert and quite randomly. For example, it happened on three gigs on row, but then the four gigs that I've had until this day went fine.

• update: just had my first gig since my KPA froze up on my gig last week. everything is working perfectly! i'm hoping that last week's freeze was a 1-time event. i'm still wondering what happened and the only thing i can come up with is that there was something funky in the power at the venue in brooklyn.

also, i just got some neumann kh-120 studio reference monitors to use at home in order to tweak my patches for live use. these things sound fantastic! i got a lot of compliments on my sounds on the gig last night. it seems that the patches translate very well from the neumann's to a live situation through a full PA system