Losing Allan Holdsworth - a true master

• So very sad to hear of Allan Holdsworth's passing yesterday!!! I had the privilege of opening for UK, in 1979, and had a lengthy conversation with both he and John Wetton afterwards. Allan wanted me to sell him my 4x12 Sound City cabinet, and I simply could not do it, as I had no replacement and many gigs. He was a true genius on guitar, and a really humble, sweet human being!!!
    Out of all of the guitar geniuses, in the world, only he and Jeff Beck, could move my guitar soul in such a way. Time is so short, and this was such a shock!
    Love you Allan Holdsworth <3 , and may you rest in peace. Here is one of his very last performances.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKiq1e40CIM

• I will never forget the moment when I heard him for the first time in my life.. many many years ago.. I was immediately blown away.. since then became my idol (with Ritchie Blackmore).. the absolute genius... Allan "Alien" Holdsworth.. thanks a lot for your music!!

ps: fortunately, I have seen him 4 times in concert and met him personally in Wien few years ago.... and thanks for sharing this video...

• Saw him many years ago on the Renfrew Ferry when it was berthed in Glasgow city centre and used as a venue (went to a wedding there too!) I remember being astounded by the solos on Bundles and being obsessed for ever after. Couldn't get some of the albums here, had to import. He will be very sadly missed.

There is a crowdfunder to raise funds for his funeral and family, he was not a wealthy man.

Link:https://www.gofundme.com/allanholdsworthmemorial

• A funding campaign has been set up for his family to pay for funeral expenses etc in case anyone would like to donate. Unfortunately it sounds like Holdsworth didn't have much money to his name at the time of his passing.

https://www.gofundme.com/allanholdsworthmemorial

Edit:

Oops, I just read the post above after posting this. Also, the Holdsworth Facebook group is unsurprisingly active atm. There has been a massive outpouring of emotion online, with lots of well known musicians sharing their stories of their time with him, and lots of information is being channeled through there so if anyone is interested I'd encourage you to join.

Edited once, last by MCVA444 ().

• Thank you for all the kind remarks and for posting that, i remember Misha speaking about him, i got all his vids and instructional material, will we ever get another player like that i dont know, i know he will be missed and will always be here inspiring people.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Back in 1980 I was chatting to my girlfriends mother (Isabel Dalglish) and she said 'Years ago I used to have a famous lodger who played guitar like you (I wish) and he was always practicing and never came out of his room,his name was Alan Holdsworth..I nearly fell off my chair.