Top Jimi "DC/AC" Pack

• Hey Kemper Fans,

We're happy to announce the Top Jimi "DC/AC" Pack for the Kemper Profiling Amplifier (34 profiles)

These profiles seek to recreate the sound heard on the recordings of the rock band AC/DC

Amps Used During the Profiling Process: Several Marshall heads from Jimi's collection

Speakers Used During the Profiling Process: 1967 Celestion 20W Greenback, Celestion 25W Greenback, Celestion Vintage 30

Gain Range (Scale: 0 to 10): 2 to 6

Profile Type: Studio, Merged

Comments: AC/DC is the perfect example of straight-up rock guitar tone, but the tones can be surprisingly difficult to get unless you have the right gear. We've done our best to replicate the tones heard on several AC/DC albums, from 1974 up through today. It seems almost everyone wants some good AC/DC profiles in their arsenal. I think those people will love this profile pack!

Please Note: Obviously, the guitar is a very important part of the signal chain, and differences between guitars will affect the tone. We used Jimi's Les Paul Standard as a neutral reference to build the profiles. If your guitar has a fuller tone, we recommend increasing the Treble and Presence together. Try increasing them both by 0.3 and see how that sounds. If your guitar is bright, try reducing the Treble and Presence by 0.3 and go from there.

Signal Path: Guitar --> Various Marshall heads --> Marshall 4x12 loaded with Celestions

Profile Naming Decoder:

Ang = Emulates Angus Young’s tone
    Mlc = Emulates Malcolm Young’s tone
    Stv = Emulates Stevie Young’s tone

BinBl = “Back in Black”
    H2H = “Highway to Hell”
    Jlbrk = “Jailbreak”
    Live ’16 = Gear and settings from Premier Guitar’s AC/DC Rig Rundown
    TNT = yes, “TNT”
    Train = “Rock ‘N Roll Train”
    TStrk = “Thunderstruck”

All guitar tones heard on the following demo were recorded with a Kemper using the DC/AC Pack and drums/bass/vocal backing tracks found on YouTube.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Profiles available here: http://www.topjimi.com/NEW-DC-AC-Pack-DC-AC-20170418.htm

Thanks,
    Jimi :thumbup:

• Oi!! :D

Thanks Jimi, The band is from Scotland! (originally) But Aussies claim it lol
    TNT baby!! Sounds great on your Gibson Jimi bet you had fun doing this ^^
    So there are other profiles beside the songs right jimi, like a good Jimi marhsal sound too?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• A very nice variation of some cool AC/DC-Sounds. And i guess they were made by ear, not by tonematching etc. pp.
    So choose your Sound, start your favorite Song, play along and have fun! :thumbup:

• Jimi,

I absolutely love your profiles and I'll be fetching these! Thank you so much for making these available. My absolute fave Acca dacca tone is from Let There Be Rock....wonder if I can cop that with this pack?

Sorry if this is off-topic, but is there a chance you could do an 80's metal pack with an ADA MP1? I'd love to hear your take on those sounds.

• For 80's metal, you can check out our Paul Gilbert / Lee Jackson Marshall. I've also profiled another one of Paul's old Lee Jackson Marshalls (the Mel Bay Rocket) and just need to do a demo. It sucks trying to do a demo of a Paul Gilbert amp. Paul's stuff requires serious chops. :)

• For 80's metal, you can check out our Paul Gilbert / Lee Jackson Marshall. I've also profiled another one of Paul's old Lee Jackson Marshalls (the Mel Bay Rocket) and just need to do a demo. It sucks trying to do a demo of a Paul Gilbert amp. Paul's stuff requires serious chops. :)

I bought the Lee Jackson profile a week ago and can say hands down that is one of the best tones I've heard or had.

• Absolutely stunning. Just when I thought I really had my Marshalls covered owning all of your, ampfactory, Bert M. and MBritt Marshall profiles, that one came around. But I just can't resist to anything Marshall, I just feel the urge to buy.

You are really a master in capturing that magical vintage Marshall sounds. What made it for me this time is that gorgeous '67 20 Watt cab. That is pure magic. I already paired it with your JTM 45 from a different pack and got authentic Clapton Beano era sounds. Although nobody really knows since the amp got lost and was probably a one off anyway, it is quite likely that Clapton got a JTM 45 with 2 x 20 Watters. This is an ongoing debate among Clapton nerds for years, but matching your cab to a JTM 45 profile gives me that woody tone that Beano is known for.

This pack is highly recommended for anything Marshally. I got into Kossoff territory quite easily, No surprise since Angus loved Pauls playing and sound.

Oh and my newly built Broadcaster replica fucking loves that pack ;)

• Recently picked up an original '70 G12M with 55 Hz Pulsonic cone. Perhaps the next pack will need to be Hendrix...?

OMG, I'm already dying to hear that cab in action. I'm a sucker for those pre-rola cabs. Those were also favourites of Paul Kossoff. So maybe you can do a Kossoff pack either ;) Just make sure you use a Selmer T&B for the "Allright now" lead.

• Love the sounds from the era this pack covers and TJ has done a great job on realising these tones. Looking forward to more classic sounds in this vein.

Gotta say - the cabs in this set - eg the cabs from BinBl Angus M/Angus lead M - work like stink on just about any Marshall style head profiles I have tried. They have plenty of bass and lower mids and sound awesome on low to mid gain 1959 style amps like the RR and the YJM signature amps and on classics like the JTM 45. Even putting these cabs on higher gain amp profiles like the Cameron CCV and Steavens Poundcake profiles on RE sounds great.