Top Jimi "DC/AC" Pack

• Out of interest is there then a way of seeing on the site which are the newer packs?
    Thx

We currently don't have a listing of the most recent packs, but I'll list them here for you (with the most recent first):

DC/AC
    Pet2C
    Modern 30
    Offset '45
    Tangerine 30
    Medium-Power Blackface #3
    BEye
    Brown Sound
    Low-Power Tweed #2
    PBall
    Stevens 100
    Medium-Power Blackface #2
    High-Power Tweed
    V Pack
    64-30
    Medium-Power Blackface

-Jimi

• I think the offset 45 is an interesting option. Tempting! I like the demo. How different from the older 45?

The Offset '45 is based off the original Marshall from 1962, and sounds like a mix of a Fender Bassman and a later Plexi. More vintage than the regular '45 pack. It was also profiled using Celestion Alnico speakers (as well as our 25W Greenbacks), which have a different flavor to them.

-Jimi

• Fantastic profiles ! Just one question, being a novice, how can I use the 20w speakers cab offered in this pack with the Top Jimi afd 100 34 max profile ?

• <p>
    </p>
    Enter the cab menu by holding the cab button they either lock it with lock button and scroll to other profiles or save it as a cab preset by pressing store. Now it's stored and you can select it anywhere by entering the cab menu and browsing saved cab presets.
    HTH

• OK thanks. Should I take the cabs from the merged profiles ?

Yes, you should use the Merged profiles for selecting and saving the Cabinet section as a preset, which you can then use with other amps from merged or studio profile formats. The merged profile format works the best, and is the most authentic, as it accurately separates the contribution of the [cabinet + microphone] from the contribution of the amp.

With that said, you can still use studio profiles to switch cabs (e.g. copy / paste). However, with the studio profile format, the KPA has to implement an intelligent algorithm (called CabDriver) in order to calculate how to split the cabinet from the amp.

Cheers,
    John

• I feel like i was robbed by Top Jimi when i bought the everything pack for like 300 dollars i was intitle to updates. I see i could buy the everything pack today for alot cheaper wow i got screwed .Never again

• Well Jimi seems like a reasonable guy, instead of this approach why not PM Jimi and talk first :) , a few vendors like MBritt and Guido have worked out deals before for their customers, i too bought the original pack but i dont mind supporting these guys, try and talk to Jimi first ;)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I feel like i was robbed by Top Jimi when i bought the everything pack for like 300 dollars i was intitle to updates. I see i could buy the everything pack today for alot cheaper wow i got screwed .Never again

An interesting attitude and way of expressing yourself, publicly, on the vendor's commercial thread. I am guessing you subscribe to "scorched Earth" and "burning them bridges" type of policies. Yikes.

As @ashtweth previously mentioned...you might have considered reaching out to Jimi with a private PM or email, expressing your concerns. Even though he would have been under no obligation...I am betting he would have been willing to work something out with you that you both considered fair and reasonable. Now...well, maybe not so much.

• Yup and i remember how Jimi looked after his customers after the Brown eye issue..John has some wise words there ;)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Thanks guys. Appreciate the support.

We do free upgrades if you bought the previous pack within a month or so before the new one came out.

Otherwise, we think it's fair to charge for the upgrade pack for two reasons:

1) We think the old packs were a good value
    2) Putting together a good-sounding pack takes a ton of time and a financial investment on our part

The Everything Pack is also heavily discounted over buying individual packs (36% discount).

If someone bought Van Halen I in 1978, I don't think Van Halen would have been cool with giving that person all the albums after that for free. :)

Anyway, we greatly appreciate your support and we'll keep putting out profiles that we hope you guys will enjoy.

-Jimi

• Bought today. Fabulous stuff Jimi

Sounds great for some Bad Company licks as well

Whatever you are doing, keep doing it!

Between MBritt, TAF and Jimi we are getting very spoilt for choice.

Much appreciated
    Cheers

• GREAT PACK JIMI!!! I use it for several AC/DC songs. Sounds absolutely authentic with my BlueAmp Cab :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day
    Last Exit Rockband