Kemper "freezing" and remote turns off

• I had this occur Saturday. Win 10 Computer connected to USB using Rig Manager 2.0. The Remote restarted and then once back up everything locked up and even took my laptop to a blue screen. Unplugged the laptop and restarted and everything was fine again. It has not happened since.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• This seems to be a "known" bug, even if it doesn't seem to get fixed. I experience it on a regular basis. The problem is caused by the laptop (presumably running Rig Manager). When you have both the Remote and a laptop connected , running RM on the laptop, the Remote will stop working, eventually go dark, then the Kemper will (eventually) shut down. Turning the power off to the Kemper, the Kemper will keep running, then - eventually - power off. Turning the power back on and all will be well, until it fails again.

The problem is much more frequent when you are in Performance Mode, but will do it in Browse mode as well.

The only "fix" is to disconnect your laptop.

Although this thread is old I wanted to push it since I have the same error on the latest KOS 5. While practising, the remote turned off and I though it was the Ethernet cable since music and sound was going on uninterrupted. When I tried to switch back to another rig on the KPA itself (remote could not re-establish the connection) I wondered that nothing happened. After turning the rotary knob the KPA wasn't even shutting down. After a few seconds then it did finally. The same thing after reboot. I had the Rig Manager hung up to the KPA since I tried a few rigs before practising. This bug should be fixed immediately since it could lead to people thinking their setup / unit is faulty. I have a gig tonight and was already becoming slightly nervous. But after finding this thread I'll keep the KPA "as is" and risk it ...

P.S. I was in Performance Mode.

• I have similar problems.

It usually happens when I open RM, preview a couple of rigs, close RM. After some time, Remote goes dark and KPA becomes unresponsive. I have to turn the power knob to off position and after some time it shuts down. If I do not use RM at all there are no problems.

The PC is a Mac

• I have similar problems.

It usually happens when I open RM, preview a couple of rigs, close RM. After some time, Remote goes dark and KPA becomes unresponsive. I have to turn the power knob to off position and after some time it shuts down. If I do not use RM at all there are no problems.

The PC is a Mac

I did not actively close RM but the Mac might have gone into sleep mode which might have a comparable effect.

• I think you are correct. I think I remember previous posts about the Mac going to sleep and causing problems. I would try turning off all the screen saver and sleep settings on the Mac and monitor the outcome for a few days.

Yes, this might fix it. However, the KPA has to be more robust regarding this aspect.

• This bug should be fixed immediately since it could lead to people thinking their setup / unit is faulty. I have a gig tonight and was already becoming slightly nervous. But after finding this thread I'll keep the KPA "as is" and risk it ...

we're trying to replicate this bug since a while and we can't so far. from what we understand it doesn't happen if you don't have a computer connected. so, if you're gigging, simply don't connect a computer. we don't think it has anything to do with the cable you're using or a "loose connection" as assumed above.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• we're trying to replicate this bug since a while and we can't so far. from what we understand it doesn't happen if you don't have a computer connected. so, if you're gigging, simply don't connect a computer. we don't think it has anything to do with the cable you're using or a "loose connection" as assumed above.

Thanks, it worked out as expected (positively). However, I think it might have to do with the Mac going to sleep mode. Can one read out kind of a syslog in the Profiler?

• I have the same problem using an iMac ( I bought my Kemper/Remote last friday, if the problem only occurs when it's connected to the computer I am less worried :)

here is a message in the Kemper display :

Well, since Kemper Amps has ruled out a cable issue (assuming that you all are using the original cable that came with the Remote), maybe it's a problem on the Mac side of things.

I have my Kemper hooked up to my iMac using a USB hub and the Remote is connected to. I have set the power options to not allow the Mac to go to sleep, even if the display turns off.

Maybe try that.

If that doesn't work and it's not the cable, as I suggested open a support ticket, provide Kemper with a backup of your rig library, etc, etc.

• we have a test version ready for those of you who face freezes when USB is connected. In case you're interested please contact support and we'll send you everything necessary.

thanks!

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I have the same problem using an iMac ( I bought my Kemper/Remote last friday, if the problem only occurs when it's connected to the computer I am less worried :)

here is a message in the Kemper display :

Cool - didn't know there was a callstack on error. Hmm, what is a "track"? ;) Profiler OS seems to be kept very clean coding wise. I like it. :thumbup:

• Mind did exactly the same - I was using lates OS and rig manager (when connected to my laptop) - as kemper was only a week old I returned it under warranty and the new one HAS NOT done it.

• I have the latest firmware (OS) and a Remote attached. When the Kemper is attached to my Mac the Kemper will freeze even if I'm changing patches on the Kemper itself. When it's not connected it seems happy. :/