Kemper and Boss ES-8 Expression Issue

• Bit of a strange issue going on with my ES-8 and Kemper. I suspect that it's an issue on the ES-8 sides of things and have a support ticket in with Boss, but I thought I'd post here also to see if anyone has ever hand this issue as well.

Over the past couple days I have been configuring it to control my new Kemper. Everything has been great except the EXP1 and EXP2 inserts where I have two Dunlop Mini EXP pedals. At one point I was able to control the Kemper's delay mix with EXP1 and it's Wah with EXP2 over midi. No matter what I do now those controls will not respond.

So here's what I have tried so far. TRS cable and expression pedals are fine as they respond when plugged into my Fractal AX8. Other midi functions are fine from the ES-8 to the Kemper, like patch changes and tap tempo. So the midi channel is configured properly. The settings on the ES-8 for using CC68(Delay Mix) and CC01(Wah) are all set correctly. I have also reloaded the latest ES-8 firmware(screenshot attached).

Any idea what could be going on here? Like I said I had this setup before and it was working. I have also restored to factory defaults. Still everything will send except the expression messages over midi.