How to record with SPDIF?

• Hi everyone,
    I've had my powerhead for about two months now and it's been an absolute joy to use it through studio monitors and a guitar cab
    but I have finally pulled a trigger on an interface and would like to start recording, too. Previously I used a pod hd with built in recording interface into mac and guitar tracks pro. Easy peasy.
    Now it's a powerhead into scarlett 6i6 connected via spdif - as suggested the best way to record kemper and must say I am completely lost with the controls in focusrite mixer software.
    As for now I have the spdif volume set to 0.0dB and output set to Master Stereo. This is what my mixer looks like:
    [Blocked Image: https://s5.postimg.org/ttf35mkt3/Screen_Shot_2017-04-26_at_13.58.36.png]

I have played a bit with buttons and sliders and with these settings (wether they're right or not, I don't know) I am getting a perfect stereo sound from my monitors and headphones. Now the problems is the signal isn't going to
    my DAW which is Apple's garage band at the moment. I've tried an analog connection from kemper's mains into front input on the scarlett and it worked fine but no sound in garage band with spdif conection.
    Could anyone with knowledge (most of you I guess, unlike me ha ha) give me some directions what settings do I need to make it work? Any help appreciated!

• No expert with Focusrite stuff, but it looks like in the "routing preset" section, you are routing your Kemper to something other than your DAW.

Another possibility: have you selected the right input on Garage Band?

• @KrisGee

Sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your setup.

To clarify, Mix Control is used to determine what gets sent to each output on your device, it doesn't affect the order in which inputs get sent to your DAW. In your DAW, inputs 5-6 correspond to the SPDIF input.

In your current Mix Control setup, you've created a Mix called 'Guitar' (highlighted in orange), but then not routed it to any of the outputs (the outputs are listed below the faders, in the red square in the image I've attached).

If you're simply trying to record the SPDIF input into your DAW and wish to hear this back, you can select the 'DAW Tracking' Routing Preset (this routes DAW 1 and DAW 2 to all outputs). If you're trying to do anything else, please describe your desired signal flow and I'm sure I'll be able to help.

Best,
    Jack // Focusrite Technical Support

• I'm not sure, but maybe Laurens can help? :)

The issue I had was for general playback. Had to do with the sample rate being different on Mac and the Focusrite not working properly at first. Had to install some stuff that took some figuring out, but it worked fine after that. I don't think that's the issue here though and Jack's on the case. :)