No internet, no Rig Manager

• I'm pretty new here, I did a search but maybe missed something. Yesterday our internet was out all day long. I was ready to cut guitar tracks so I fired up the kemper and RM but RM would not even attempt to load. It showed a progress bar with no progress and then stuck there. I waited a while for it to give up trying to connect to the internet but nothing happened. I tried several more times with the same result. Is there some setting for this that I'm missing. Is this normal? If so, it seems like a really silly self-imposed limitation of the software. I've got 720 sounds in the Kemper and I rely heavily on RM to sort through them and find sounds efficiently- e.g. I use sorting by gain a lot which you can't do with the hardware that I know of. OTOH I rarely use Rig Exchange.

• Phil sorry to start with the obvious but is it the latest operating system and RM?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Yup now the only time I had that issue was in previous versions and when the wifi was screwy
    If your connected to wifi try disconnecting it and make sure you have the latest updates in OS and RM

Usually like frank and Nicky said should work as stated unlike
    No money no Honey :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Sure sure yup I updated and turned off Wifi , worked straight away
    Some times I fix RMs bugs buy firing Up the Kemper first
    With out it connected then firing up Rm

sounds like a long shot but has got me out of trouble before
    I then connect RM and forget where my beer was last seen :D
    I am trying to be nickeys new grammar and post etiquette poster boy
    Think I got more chances of getting pregnant 8o:rolleyes::D

Ash

• Phil sorry to start with the obvious but is it the latest operating system and RM?

Ash

Thanks for the replies, everyone.
    @ashtweth that turned out to be the right question to ask.
    I updated 5.1.1.12825 to 5.2.0.12879B
    That seemed to solve it.
    FYI I was not on wi-fi when this happened.
    I have an ethernet connection to my router so I disconnected it to test this morning and it's working fine.
    Thanks again - great group!

• Great Phil! Glad to hear this man :) , its not a good feeling when this happens,
    if the latest RM shits itself again my friend, try starting up the kemper with out RM connected.
    Then re connect. ill swear by that. ;)

Ash

• At rehearsal I work with the RM of my Notebook without a connection to the internet.
    I just have to take care that to update the RM at the Notebook at the same time as my desktop computers do it automatically, which I use at home.
    That means connecting the notebook via WLAN to internet and starting RM with marked checkboxes.

• Well this happened again over the weekend. Our internet was out for several hours. RM did the same thing as in my first post. The progress bar stuck at the very left and won't load anything. I'm not on Wi-fi, I'm connected via ethernet to the modem. So I quit RM, disconnected the ethernet cable and RM came right up. So there's a workaround but still seems buggy IMO.