website for sharing profiles... with profile organisation

• I started to write a website www.kemperampprofiles.com but read somewhere on a forum (might even be this one) that some guy decided it was a 'scam' site or something rediculous.

Thats not unusual for people on the internet to draw conclusions about things they sometimes know little about.

But in any case, I have watched the forum for a while, and one thing thats for sure is that the profiles have no real organisation or no standardisation about exactly what amp in what circumstances it was profiled. They are just a little all over the place :) But that info IS important if you are going to make a good job of profile management.

When I had the original idea about the above site, I could see that profiles could be difficult to manage without some kind of set rules and organisation of what goes on there. I'm not perfect (by any means) but I did set it up and profiled some amps and just put them on there.

The profiles might be good or bad, depending on your view but thats often subjective so whats good to one guy, another will not like...

But I thought I would reintoduce the website and if anyone wants to contribute to it then thats great... if not, thats great too.

Now the thing is, some guys should really be getting together and deciding exactly what info should be provided with a profile as a sort of standard otherwise it can only get worse, with repeats all over the show and profiles runing wild :) (or at least something like that)...

Oh and all my profiles, like everything else I do are completely free... the way I think they should be.

Make what you will... and enjoy, or not...

Please note that if I don't respond to my posts its just because I'm busy doing other stuff... I'm not being ignorant or rude...

tonym

Careful I'm watching you...

• Hi Tony

The site looks great...well done, and thanks.
    One thing, the yellow used on the amp name and description is pretty difficult to read, red would be cooler for blind guys like me. :)

Are those all your amps?...the carpet is the same in each photo so I'm guessing yes they are all yours. :D

• Right button on the profile and then use 'save as' to save the kipr file.
    At the bottom of the page is a zip file of all of them...
    :)
    And dont blame me if they sound good or bad... I was really short of time....
    tony

Careful I'm watching you...

• thanx alot tony, great collection. I've been waiting for the yngwie-marshall to show up, sounded incredible! liked the dumble-clone too..and the engl..and the splawn..and... gotta get some sleep :D :D :D

• Really nice profiles Tony.
    With the controls/cabs on the KPA and these lovely amps all the Rock bases are well and truly covered.
    Thanks very much.
    I particularly like the YJM,Mesa and Splawn profiles, but that may be as much an indicator of my tastes rather than anything else.
    In the interests of returning the favour, I will get my profiles properly sorted and labelled etc then uploaded to your site over the next few days.

• KPA is the most 'opened tool' ever built for guitar players.
    Thousands of profiles will be available soon, so I think we need a good lookin' "classified + rated + sampled" website where
    everyone will find the Sound.
    Please....:)

• The Ceriatone and YJM100 are amazing.
    Great amps, great profiles.
    Thanks a lot for that Tony :thumbup:

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln