KPA Stability - Is it ready for prime-time tour usage?

• I am somewhat disappointed to hear that the Kemper still has a lot of software bugs - it makes me wonder if it's reliable enough to do a major rock tour. Have there been any promises/assurances from Kemper that these issues are close to being resolved? This product is priced in the upscale category - surely that makes it worthy of timely bug fixes, no?

All modelers known to man 8o

• some will say 'yes', reliable, others - like me - 'no, not reliable'. i don't know why, but i had severeal problems while others say they had 2 breakdowns in 6-8 weeks. but i'm the kind of person who does not even want those 2. there is so much going on on a tour that i don't want to be concerned if the kpa will be stable or not. it makes me uncomfortable and uneasy. if you want to go with kpa i'd get two of them and an a/b-box, so if one breaks down you can use the other instantly... since the reboot takes up to 1 minute (depending on your number of saved profiles).

• AFAIK the remaining "disabling" issues are linked to profiling and editing cabs, those are the moments where you can have an issue that need a restore. Those are not activities that you run on stage so, in my opinion, the issues are not critical. I play it daily for several hours, already did 3 gigs with it and I'm fine. 'till you play through it, change patches and switch on/off stomps it is stable

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I have my kemper now for 5 weeks. During this period I´ve played 4 gigs and had many rehersals with no system crashes.

But: During the gigs the CC-Midi switching was failing many times, sometimes it switches sometimes, it switches not.

I´ve checked my midi cables but it´s all the same.

Another problem that I have is that sometimes it stops during the booting, then I switch off boot again and then it works.

• I would agree that if you just play with it without too much fiddling then yes the KPA is absolutely stable. For example at the moment tweaking the cab section might get you some problems.. (it's a known issue which will be sorted soon I believe).Hi own some other "hi end" hardware and I've never seen such a superior support (i.e. they are rapidly putting the FW in good shape by releasing several FW version and also their support is always prompt ). That's what makes me confident about this product. I played with it all Saturday and Sunday (unit on about 14 hours each day) and (without tweaking the cab section) I can say never had a single glitch. I'm happy with it and would never send it back. Even though there are minor bugs I still think it's the best purchase I've ever made for guitar and bass and I would with no problem bring it with me to a gig. Some people have what's called 'buyer's remorse' so after buying something (newly introduced) around this price range they would panick after a couple of weeks and decide to find a reason or more to send it back. Some of them would also try to persuade others to stay away from the product as that would reinforce their choice to renounce to the unit. That's obviously just my opinion.

• Only problem Ive ever had in 5 weeks was a freeze (no sound) when playing around with the cab block, and a couple of distorted profiles (user error).
    Steady as a rock performance wise, and Im playing a hell of a lot since I got this beauty.
    5 gigs down, approx 10 rehearsals (I play in a couple of bands) day to day playing, flawless.

• thanks for the freud :D nice one!
    funny forum...i'm looking forward to coming back... one day.

I would add to 'funny' the fact that in this forum everybody is entitled to his own opinions whether fellow users/non users like them or not . Nothing scientific about what I say so just stay relaxed!

• thanks for the freud :D nice one!
    funny forum...i'm looking forward to coming back... one day.

Nobody is kicking you out, you can still keep an eye on it and say hello sometime! :)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I would add to 'funny' the fact that in this forum everybody is entitled to his own opinions whether fellow users/non users like them or not . Nothing scientific about what I say so just stay relaxed!

I call that "nice", isn't it? ;)

• Works stable like a rock here - for normal playing.

I got a lot of problems during profiling or using 'corrupted' profiles.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I call that "nice", isn't it? ;)

Call it as you want. I don't care. Just because somebody abandon a ship doesn't mean that ship is sinking.And I felt the need to make the non-users aware of that. Obviously everybody will miss the guy as his profiles were probably on the top 10. However that shouldn't make him immune from opinions his admirers might dislike :P

• Call it as you want. I don't care. Just because somebody abandon a ship doesn't mean that ship is sinking.And I felt the need to make the non-users aware of that. Obviously everybody will miss the guy as his profiles were probably on the top 10. However that shouldn't make him immune from opinions his admirers might dislike :P

??? ok, I think that I've probably completely misunderstood your post...??? What I meant is that is "nice" and not "funny" that here everybody is entitled to his own opinion with the respect from the other members.... I think I did misread your post.... ?(