Kemper Spotting - Li-sa-X... Finally!

• Been following her since she was 6. I've said since the start that she has the potential to be the greatest female rock / fusion and God-knows-what-else guitarist ever. Her technique suggests to me that she'll eventually nail jazz too... when she feels like it.

The last few years I've been wondering when she'd get her hands on a Kemper. I'm so wrapped, 'cause finally, 'tis done!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hell Yeah!

These are the kind of videos I show to my grown up guitar students, when they complain: "Oh, my hands are too small" or "That barre chord hurts my fingers"

I hope those videos encourage more girls and women to pick up the electric guitar and rock! Still 90% of my guitar students are male.

• Yeah, when Marty Friedman asked her if she'd ever complained about her hands' limiting her ability to stretch across frets or being too small for the fretboard in general, she said she hadn't thought about it.

I didn't see the Kemper's input LED flash, but that's OK 'cause she was miming anyway. It's the only video I've seen of hers where she mimes, and that's 'cause it's a promo for her first EP.

Thank you for chiming in, flitze!

• Ah... There's still a chance for those of us who haven't Paul-Gilbert-style spidery fingers. We forget Segovia had fat fingers too, but he didn't place his thumb over the fretboard....

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I first heard of her when I saw her jam with Polyphia, some ripping young guitar slingers. Here is a video of her doing a cover followed by Polyphia.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(Jason Richardson's feature is batshit crazy)

Lisa at 6:20, Kemper at 6:45: