Home / Practice Rig-up's

• Please feel free to post your rigups at home / for practice purposes.

1) I love the way I can just plug in my headset & guitar and start playing to get super sound. Makes family life so much more durable:)
    2) Through my amplifier. Have tried a couple of my amps, and it sounds great.
    3) Next up for me: Get some studio monitors for a simple studio set-up

Anybody tried it straight into a PA? (mixer, speakers active or passive)

Gear:
    Tokai LS540
    Suhr Guthrie Govan
    ESP GL-56
    RedPlate Amp Cosmic Dust
    KPA:=)

Edited once, last by Bippo ().

• at home I play mostly through my studiomonitors, and sometimes through my monitor, QSC k10.

I play through a PA at rehearsal and I get the best sound I've ever had from that PA. I used to have a Boss GT10 and later a POD HD500 but I was never really happy with the sound at rehearsals...but i am now :thumbup:

• 8" studio monitors at home, FRFR monitor and PA at rehearsal and gig. The sound is (IMHO) just glorious!!!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Anybody tried it straight into a PA? (mixer, speakers active or passive)

I played the KPA through a pair of old worn out PA speakers as the rehearsal room near my place can offer just that.
    Had to slightly adjust the eq on the mixer (nothing on the KPA) and how to explain this ..it's like dialling in a number on the phone basically. Once you got the right number you can speak whom you want to. Same here.Once I got my ideal settings it was like if I locked in a great tone through all the rigs I tried afterwars.I.e. not having to mess arouind with global mixer setting depending on the rig used. I mean all the above crap I've written can be summarised as 'Yes man I've tried the KPA through a bad PA but to me still sounded unbelievably goood.'
    --Cheers
    Cheers.

• Fixed your spelling of Tokai. :D
    Wow, an LS540, that must be something very special, post some pics.

I've tried the KPA through many different Studio Monitors, it sounds amazing through the cheapest Behringers that I use, and through the most expensive Genelecs.
    No need for expensive Studio Monitors, the 'tone' is inside the KPA, not the monitors you use.

• Hi and thanks,

Guess I was kind of tired when posting that one:)

I love the Tokai. Btw, thanks for a fantastic web site. I have visited that a huge number of time. That was actually a part of my research before ordering the LS540. Was thinking of going for a vintage for a long time, but ended up with a new one. After I got the new one, I'm still wondering about getting a vintage (bitten by the bug now). Love the Tokai's.
    I will get some pictures up during the weekend I hope.
    Bippo