The perfect remote cable upgrade

• I love my Kemper but the cable that comes with the remote is pure crap. I have bought a bunch of replacement ethercon cables trying to find a good one but have been unsuccessful until today. Others have become a tangled mess or are way too stiff and hard to bend. This one is very flexable and durable and feels just like a mic cable, it does not became a tangled mess, and is rubber covered on the plastic tab so the tab will not break. I can not recommend it enough if you are like me and hate the awful remote cable. This is the remote cable that should come with the Kemper.

Elite Core PROCAT5E | Ultra-Flexible Shielded Tactical CAT5E | Tactical Ethernet To Booted RJ45 | 20' ft

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G…sw_r_em_apa_svMczbQRV59H4

• I also agree the Kemper itself should have the clip end but my biggest gripe is the cable itself, I can't stand all the ethercon cables that you can not put away and untangle. This one feels just like a mic cable which saves me a lot of aggravation during setups and breakdowns.

• I also agree the Kemper itself should have the clip end but my biggest gripe is the cable itself, I can't stand all the ethercon cables that you can not put away and untangle. This one feels just like a mic cable which saves me a lot of aggravation during setups and breakdowns.

As does the one I linked to :)

• This does indeed look ideal :thumbup: - and flexible, how great is that! Long ago I snapped off the clip and suggested to support that they put that protective rubber over it. They chose not to obviously, though they did nicely send me a replacement cable.

Gary ô¿ô

• Blimey...Note for Kemper then.....everyone thinks your cable is no good ?

The official cable does its job, but it's too stiff and difficult to roll and the regular Ethernet end is as flimsy as regular Ethernet cables are, so the plastic tab breaks off easily.

• Sorry to necro the thread but interested to hear from Sambrox finds the linked cable in terms of laying flat on the ground?

The Kemper cable is a tripping hazard on stage, I do have a shorter cable for keeping the KPA close to the remote but I don't like having the KPA so close to the drunk lunatics at the front of the stage :)

• Sorry to necro the thread but interested to hear from Sambrox finds the linked cable in terms of laying flat on the ground?

The Kemper cable is a tripping hazard on stage, I do have a shorter cable for keeping the KPA close to the remote but I don't like having the KPA so close to the drunk lunatics at the front of the stage :)

The cable I linked to feels and behaves like a pro XLR microphone cable, or any other stage cable, for that matter. Contrary to the official one, that is stiff and tends to curl up on stage.

• Bought a 15m/50ft one from Amazon to try out and yep, it's a winner! (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GVXYQBS) Threw it on the floor straight out of the delivery bag and it sits almost as flat as a well loved standard guitar cable. Super flexible for an ethernet cable and feels like great quality. No more dark stage Loch Ness monster tripping traps. Woot! Thanks for the recommendation @BILLIAM666 !!

Note: I use a cheap Power over Ethernet injector to run the extended cable length. This cable by itself will not magically extend the 7.5m/22ft Kemper limit. The 20ft version seems like a perfect upgrade for the stock cable.

• Received the cable @sambrox recommended. Took a couple of weeks to arrive here in Australia from the UK.

It is perfect. Used it at rehearsal last night and it lays flat on the ground. It is slightly more rigid than the XLR mic cables we use so will be careful to check there are no kinks in the cable when rolling it up for storage.

• Thanks for the tip. I agree about the stock cable being too stiff for live. I think it's also a contributing factor for the cable input jack on the KPA getting loose.

Hard to swallow purchasing another cable because I bought a second Kemper one for live when I bought mine, but it's worth it to me.