The perfect remote cable upgrade

• I just went to the local computer shop and bought a short CAT6 network cable for home so I didn't have a huge length of cable sitting there... and I'm pretty sure if you're live you could have 10 of these as back up and replace them as needed. And have them in bright colours if you so desire.

easy peasy

• If you're looking for XLR-like flexibility and durability, Belden 1305a cable with a genuine Neutrik EtherCon on one end.

You can make 'em if you have (or know someone) with the crimping tools.

Or buy one premade from places like BTPA.com:

https://btpa.com/kemp01-xx.html

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Who has relocated their remote connection terminal, maybe onto a front panel or other location to lesson the use on the KPA terminal?

Anyone put one of these inline with their remote cable?

Obviously, a short ethernet-cable is then used to connect this to the actual KPA.

I'm wondering has anyone experience issues by using this "heavy duty" connector + cable as a result of a this additional inline hardware?

Do you get away without a PoE for the extra few inches?

• Ive done this, but unfortunately the connector into my KPa is a bit flakey so had to go back to connecting direct

• I use a Neutrik NE8 FDX-P6. The main problem was finding an appropriate short cable from KPA to the Neutrik. It worked flawlessly with a shorter cable (5m). By time I bought a Cudy POE200. With that cable length doesn’t matter anymore and the lights are way brighter. I fixed the short cable to my rack so it should never give up that way.

• I use one of these on my patch bay so I'm not wearing out the actual kemper jack.

• I use a Neutrik NE8 FDX-P6. The main problem was finding an appropriate short cable from KPA to the Neutrik. It worked flawlessly with a shorter cable (5m). By time I bought a Cudy POE200. With that cable length doesn’t matter anymore and the lights are way brighter. I fixed the short cable to my rack so it should never give up that way.

Oh the cable clips might help me!

• I use one of these on my patch bay so I'm not wearing out the actual kemper jack.

Me too. Patch bay with that connector. I also modified my remote cable to have a latching Ethercon on the KPA side as well as the one that was already on the FC side.

• I'm wondering has anyone experience issues by using this "heavy duty" connector + cable as a result of a this additional inline hardware?

Do you get away without a PoE for the extra few inches?

I use it in a custom pedalboard for my Remote. No need of a PoE injector or hub for this purpose.

• If such extensions work, as long as these do, lucky you. You might just be at the fence of undersupplying power to the Remote. Changing the environment just a bit and there could be issues. Therefor other users might immediately experience issues. KEMPER engineering does explicitely not recommend such extensions without the involvement of PoE. Don't take the risk, PoE injectors come at about 25 bucks.