Feedback generator wanted like the Digitech Freqout

• Finally, I got my Digitech Freqout today. This is easily in the Top 3 of all pedals I have ever played.
    Sounds so great and is so easy to work with. Wow.
    I'd wish that @ckemper would take a look at it and maybe have a go to implement something like this in the Profiler.

For demo purposes I just made a little song in BIAB, and noodled over my playback with my Strat through the Freqout into the Profiler.
    In this example the Freqout was always on, the feedback comes only when you hold chords and strings.

http://dropbox.com/s/k6gs0eh15n4977q/Gesamtmix.mp3?dl=0

• Sounds great, Ingolf! Very pretty melody, and very tasty playing. Well done, mate. :thumbup:

How did you end up hooking your Freqout to your KPA? Are you going from your Guitar -->Freqout --> KPA input? Or, are you connecting it somehow to a KPA FX loop?

Also, I think I had read or watched a Digitech video on the Freqout which showed that it could be set up more as an infinite sustain pedal (without the higher harmonic feedbacks). In other words, can the Freqout be configured so that it will take a regular note (say a string bend with vibrato) and simply continue the same note (same pitch) in a "Santana"-like endless sustain, versus reproducing high frequency harmonics and feedback?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
    John

• Thank you. Yes, it was Guitar >> Freqout>> Profiler.
    Later I will put the Freqout in the loop though.

And yes, there's a mode where the feedback is exactly the note you put in.
    For this example I was using the mode that generates a fifth above the root.

• Yes, @music that's the point of this thread! Folks have been mesmerised by Ingolf's great clip and started hankering after the pedal.

It'd be awesome if our beloved Kempers could do this, so a huge +1, Ingolf, and well done, mate.

• I would try to combine: - pitchshifter -> 5th or 8th or what kind of feedback you want
    - compressor to add sustain with

adjust the duck parameter so it kicks in when your input level decreases, otherwise your notes get compressed and you have the pitchshifter all the time on.

I think there are two rigs of feedback in the rig exchange bank. just write feedback into the rig manager search field.
    Ingolf would you mind to check out and compare?

• I would try to combine: - pitchshifter -> 5th or 8th or what kind of feedback you want
    - compressor to add sustain with

adjust the duck parameter so it kicks in when your input level decreases, otherwise your notes get compressed and you have the pitchshifter all the time on.

I think there are two rigs of feedback in the rig exchange bank. just write feedback into the rig manager search field.
    Ingolf would you mind to check out and compare?

Good thinking, but it's not even close. ;)
    This time a dedicated effect is needed to achieve what the Freqout can do.
    It's the same with the Digitech Mosaic. The Kemper harmonizer can't achieve this either.

• I got one aswell, and indeed, this is a great pedal. I have put it in the loop (have the pedal out of sight in the back of my rack), and use the duck parameter to adjust the threshold when the feedback glides in.
    Like Ingolf already mentioned, the rigs from rig exchange are nice, but don't sound as natural as this pedal.

As my playing is horrible, I won't bother you with any soundclips :D

• Hi Ingolf & thx for the demo :)

if you own or ever used a ebow, do you know how it does compare in terms of use and tone ?

Sounds very similar to the tone achieved with my ebow @home in these examples

Hi Raynaud,

I have an E- bow as well, but using the Freqout is much easier because you don't have to adjust your playing. Just dial in the gain and the onset of the feedback and you're good to go,
    Also you can specify the feedback intervals in the Freqout which makes it much more versatile.

1. Sub- Octave (like a bass octaver)
    2. Unison
    3. Octave
    4. Fifth
    5. Major Third above the Octave
    6. Natural Low (a bit unpredictable, like standing in front of a loud stack and finding the sweet spot, very nice)
    7. Natural Hight (same as 6 but in higher registers

• I got one aswell, and indeed, this is a great pedal. I have put it in the loop (have the pedal out of sight in the back of my rack), and use the duck parameter to adjust the threshold when the feedback glides in.
    Like Ingolf already mentioned, the rigs from rig exchange are nice, but don't sound as natural as this pedal.

As my playing is horrible, I won't bother you with any soundclips :D

Right, this is how I use it with the profiler as well.
    Good thinking with the duck parameter in the profiler. I need to experiment a bit with this.
    Actually I think the onset parameter in the Freqout is a kind of ducking as well.

• Does the Digitech unit provide added sustain?
    (like those Gary Moore infinite fedbacks/sustains)