Cameron Aldrich DI Profile - Cab Added

• I initially shared my hurried, super-succinct interpretation that someone said one shat on the other. I didn't make it clear that it was my interpretation of what the described contrast would mean to me.
    For that, I willingly flog myself. Thank you for stepping in and attempting to save my skin, John, but it's too late, mate; it's red already. :D

Woops, I didn't realize you were paraphrasing. Nevertheless, I am sure you most likely captured the spirit of the original comment.

• @Monkey_Man

I'm sure Pbfoot can clarify if he chooses to do so, he doesnt have to if he doesnt want to either. Either way I'm sure the word "shit" or "shits all over" was not implied.

Also as someone who has had in his possession and played through over 20 of Mark's Aldrich mods I have to say each one sounds a little different. It has to do with some are JMPs, JCM800s and SLPs, 50 or 100 watters etc. Although all sound amazing. Also I help Mark in receiving amps for maintenance/tube changes and updrades/updates. It's amazing how many we get that Mark has not seen in years and has had a lot of different "techs" make changes so the amp no longer sounds like it should. I'm just curious as to the specs of this amp Webb made a profile of, of course Mark and I will be playing through it this weekend.

I find it amusing that our (Mark and I) most vocal critics are people who never actually played or have the profile, let alone played one of Marks amps. In fact I find it humours that one of the ones that is most critical and is first to laugh markets and sells overpriced rebranded guitar cleaning products and cables "made by alien technology" yet chooses to criticize my marketing/sales approach? I'm sure the profit margins on those products is very enviable from a business standpoint so who am I to judge?

Like I said if someone wants to sell something at any price they want that's great and if they want to make there own profiles of Mark's amps or anyones and give them away for free then more power to them and more power to Webb for putting out profiles of Mark's amp at no cost, it just get's Mark's name out there and is beneficial for Mark and the Kemper community.

• In fact I find it humours that one of the ones that is most critical and is first to laugh markets and sells overpriced rebranded guitar cleaning products and cables "made by alien technology" yet chooses to criticize my marketing/sales approach?

I happen to work for a company that distributes Zaolla and Goby Labs, respectively. "Alien Technology" is merely a quirky personality angle and meant with humor, so if it humors you as you've cited, then mission accomplished. As for the pure silver conductor cables, you can criticize the price point all you like, just as I have a single $40 DI. It's a completely custom built cable with expensive components and US labor built to order... Goby is an exclusive partnership with CAIG (which makes Deoxit), and is actually a little different than most instrument care products out there, so not sure where you get "rebranded" or even "overpriced". Seems more like you're just fishing for a reason to answer criticism with criticism. That being said, it's apples to oranges to compare in my mind for a litany of obvious reasons, none of them really worth the time to delve into as it's not germane and further detracts from the thread.

Edited 2 times, last by MementoMori ().

• I just wanna know where the 4 beers are for 40$ :D
    God dam.. it must be good Beer 8o

My new Saying thanks to CJ and the dead poets club
    Dont sneer have a beer. :P

Monkey TM that pweeze.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• hey, you rewrote it a little but it sounds good. I am flattered :thumbup:

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Who said that, I've been following both threads?

yeah who said that? Wasn't me. I was simply stating what I interpreted the difference to be. Webb has been kind enough to pre send me some of his profiles as I have owned numerous Cameron's ( not as many as some) and was interested in the differences. I did a clip which Webb can share, it really isn't great as took 5 minutes over a long lunch to do as a favor so he could hear it. I felt his was more open with a different top end and marks had a low mid to it that I tried to eq out but couldn't . I said webbs was very good. I've also said marks was very good, eq was very amp like except the low mid. All of marks amps sound different.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    There go have at it clams and all. Both di with a celestion ir.

Kinda funny I like coming to this forum, I learned a new way to do Evh harmonizer that is much better than micropitch, figuring out uad. Connections and such. But sometimes the douche level gets a little high with the people that seem to have to comment on every thread.

• yeah who said that? Wasn't me.

Explanation and apology offered just 2 posts after SFG asked me this, and yet both you and he choose to ignore it.

I was simply stating what I interpreted the difference to be.

Yes, and I acknowledged this and explained that I was saying what those differences typically mean to me. I won't rehash the post, but they concerned more openness in the top end and the minimisation of low-mid "funk"; I specifically spoke about these in the context of mixing.

Thank you for sharing those differences as you saw them, by the way, pbfoot.

sometimes the douche level gets a little high with the people that seem to have to comment on every thread.

I'd have appreciated it if you'd taken the time to read my clarification and apology before lumping me into the "douche" category, mate. I made a hasty mistake by not specifying that it was my interpretation, for my purposes and tastes, that I'd now-regrettably shared.

I wasn't going to bother contributing again, but as I've said on this forum before, I detest the deliberate protraction of mischaracterisations of folks, even in the light of genuine contrition, especially when the object of said action is me.

I therefore offer the apology part of the quote for your appraisal in case you somehow missed it:

Perhaps I should have made it clear that his description (Pbfoot) meant that, for me, it sounds like it's a whole-lot-more-usable. I'm sorry you had to be the poor chap who bore the "brunt" of one of the very-few occasions I've ever "sworn" online, mate. I actually walked away intending to revisit that post the next time I logged on to reassess the phrasing in the cold light of day; you beat me to it, unfortunately. At the time, it was simply the most-efficient way to sum my thoughts on the matter up in a pinch. It's been edited now, as it would have been anyway. I even removed any personal thoughts I have on the matter and stuck to cold, hard facts.

Sorry again, mate.

Hmm... said sorry twice and edited the offending post to reflect verbatim what you said.

One couldn't wish for more from a douche, now could one? ;)

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    There go have at it clams and all. Both di with a celestion ir.

Which is which in the clip?

• Which is which in the clip?

oops forgot that, i think its on the clip on the soundcloud page. 1st is the mark cameron, 2nd is webbs, 3rd the webb with his cab. the DI's were a celestion gb sm 57 balanced ir 4x12 no pure cab, no eq changes. i added single delay 450ms or so with 30% feedback 40% or so mix lo cut 110 high cut around 6000

• i read and followed (and posted in both) didn't realize i had been the "one" so yeah apology or not i'm gonna respond to clarify what i said. as far as my secondary comment that isn't really directed to anyone in specific, it's more general. some of the threads take a lot of left turns, example guy posts that he wants a cheap pedal for morphing, gets 10 response on how he bought the best profiler money can buy so he should get the best pedal made etc. unneeded responses that really aren't on point and aren't helpful. i keep going back to a IR thread, someone jumped in and said that kemper cabs were the best and there is no need for other cabs. what works for me probably doesn't work for a lot of other people, i just don't need to comment on how someone else's way doesn't work for me. doesn't help them nor me

so really in this thread's about webbs DI and he asked for any comparison, i gave my comparison. If you try his DI great, give feedback cause thats what he is looking for. If you have both profiles give a comparison

• oops forgot that, i think its on the clip on the soundcloud page. 1st is the mark cameron, 2nd is webbs, 3rd the webb with his cab. the DI's were a celestion gb sm 57 balanced ir 4x12 no pure cab, no eq changes. i added single delay 450ms or so with 30% feedback 40% or so mix lo cut 110 high cut around 6000

Thanks for clarifying. I thought it was going to be the opposite, honestly. Could always be the Celestian IR but Webb's had a lot more clarity and less fizzy, static mutes that were all over the place in the first example. I think the last clip with Webb's Marshall has far and away the best balance of the 3 and cleaned everything up nicely. Makes sense since it was the cab he tweaked the DI with.

Edited once, last by MementoMori ().

• Thanks for clarifying. I thought it was going to be the opposite, honestly. Could always be the Celestian IR but Webb's had a lot more clarity and less fizzy, static mutes that were all over the place in the first example. I think the last clip with Webb's Marshall has far and away the best balance of the 3 and cleaned everything up nicely. Makes sense since it was the cab he tweaked the DI with.

yes I think the last is the best also. I used all three yesterday in a 5 hour rehearsal working in a new drummer and Webb really is onto some great profiles. Very clear live. They are top quality

• I think if the 1st one had less gain it would sound better. IMHO over saturation is causing a lot of noise in the tone.

your correct, i didn't want to tweak them to sound the same, the clip was done for webb to give him an comparison of the profiles. as i said in the review i did of the cameron profile, it is really reactive to eq and gain so dropping the gain does clean it up.

• @Webb, did you just do a regular old DI on yours? Perhaps the Kemper DI box? Just wondering how it compares to the 6 month refined "secret proprietary method" used in the Official Cameron DI that, to my ears, doesn't sound as crisp.